Mojave HELP : grinding sound with video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamcash

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have got this grinding sound coming from my Mojave and my Kraton has got similar sound, seems like grinding from centre had a look at centre but can't notice any damage thoughts and help please ,

The noise is a side effect imo. Either the slipper clutch is too loose(cant see if its coming from rear or front) possibly diff got eaten up. I think the problem is somewhere past the pinion and spur gear.

Last edited:
I might be wrong cuz you don't really see it very clearly, but from the brief moments when it's visible, the teeth of your pinion gear look pretty chewed up. It looks as though your motor may have come loose during an outing, the motor plate back out a tad which gave you a loose mesh. As a result the ends of the teeth of the pinion got rolled over a bit. If you can, try a different (preferably new) pinion gear and see if the sound your hearing changes. If it doesn't, back to square one. If it does change, chances are you have the culprit.
The noise is a side effect imo. Either the slipper clutch is too loose(cant see if its coming from rear or front) or diff got eaten up. I think the problem is somewhere past the pinion and spur gear.
I could be mistaken as I don't own any off-road rigs...but I'm fairly certain the 6S line (including the Mojave) doesn't have slipper clutches.

I might be wrong cuz you don't really see it very clearly, but from the brief moments when it's visible, the teeth of your pinion gear look pretty chewed up. It looks as though your motor may have come loose during an outing, the motor plate back out a tad which gave you a loose mesh. As a result the ends of the teeth of the pinion got rolled over a bit. If you can, try a different (preferably new) pinion gear and see if the sound your hearing changes. If it doesn't, back to square one. If it does change, chances are you have the culprit.

I could be mistaken as I don't own any off-road rigs...but I'm fairly certain the 6S line (including the Mojave) doesn't have slipper clutches.
Oh thank you! My bad!!

In the first few seconds there seems to be quite a bit of oscillation in you rear input diff cup, most likely the bearings need replacing. This will cause the input gear and ring gear to strip and may solve your issue. Check the front too!

In the first few seconds there seems to be quite a bit of oscillation in you rear input diff cup, most likely the bearings need replacing. This will cause the input gear and ring gear to strip and may solve your issue. Check the front too!
Does the Mojave come with Safe-D input cups? If so, replacing those with better cups from Tekno, Scorched should take care of that (if not then it's almost certainly the bearing).

Thankyou will check this :)
Thanks will check this and everyone's comments
Thanks everyone for your inputs, will be checking everything what people.have commented next few days. appreciate it very much

Yea that sounds like my 6S rig too, I don't hear a grinding sound but I do hear the loud drive train. Might just be some wear on the Pinion and Spur.

pinion.png

Personally, i'll agree with others that it sounds exactly like my Kraton EXB (essentially the same drivetrain). Just the noise the gears make.

Most of the noise when you let off the throttle and the truck is slowly coasting, is the chatter of the rotor snapping between magnets and the gears just tapping each other around. Which is normal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back