Senton Help! How to remove radio from radio box?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJUK

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm trying to replace the radio on my Senton for the DumboRC one and have it stripped down the the radio box, but can't get the bloomin' receiver itself out of the box. It doesn't appear to be screwed or clipped in there from what I can see.

Couldn't find any videos online or any info from a quick Google, so I just wondered if anyone knows how it's fixed in there? Is it literally just glued or taped in there?

I tried a plastic pry tool but it didn't want to budge. I thought I'd ask on here before getting too physical with it because I didn't want to damage anything.

Thanks!
Edit! I just stuck the pry tool down the "narrow" side where the receiver is closest to the wall of the box and after a few twists it popped out without too much fuss!

Hopefully this post will help others in future. :)

Hi folks, I'm trying to replace the radio on my Senton for the DumboRC one and have it stripped down the the radio box, but can't get the bloomin' receiver itself out of the box. It doesn't appear to be screwed or clipped in there from what I can see.

Couldn't find any videos online or any info from a quick Google, so I just wondered if anyone knows how it's fixed in there? Is it literally just glued or taped in there?

I tried a plastic pry tool but it didn't want to budge. I thought I'd ask on here before getting too physical with it because I didn't want to damage anything.

Thanks!
Edit! I just stuck the pry tool down the "narrow" side where the receiver is closest to the wall of the box and after a few twists it popped out without too much fuss!

Hopefully this post will help others in future. :)
So is it just a double sided sticky pad? I just ordered a DumboRC for £18 from Banggood.

Hit it with some heat from a hair dryer or low setting on a heat gun to soften the adhesive a little. Then use a flat head screwdriver to pop it out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back