Help, I need better arrma granite 3s shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peterbaldin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Notorious
So I’ve bent and broken and had the stock shocks leak a lot. (We have 4 3s granites) all the shocks leak, and break, I’ve done a trick to stop the leaking but they break, any suggestions of upgrades for the shocks? I know hot racing does the arrma shocks but the shafts on them are weak.

thanks in advance- Peter

On several of our 3s Typhons and Granites we run the Typhon 6s shocks.
They work well.

I ordered a set of these from Banggood. Supposedly then are shipping on the 24th so I won’t know what the deal is with them until they get here but I’ve read some good things about them here on the forums.

Attachments

• 26602962-7B7C-48FB-AADC-4A3D3CCB3023.jpeg
    26602962-7B7C-48FB-AADC-4A3D3CCB3023.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 79
I know the track stars shocks are good too thwts what rich duperbash used on is typhon the typhon 6s shocks from jenny rc price has become ridiculous expensive you can still get the front outcast shocks(same as typhons front but with harder springs) for 23$ the pair but nothing forthe rear

I ordered a set of these from Banggood. Supposedly then are shipping on the 24th so I won’t know what the deal is with them until they get here but I’ve read some good things about them here on the forums.
What size are the front and rear in MM?
I know the track stars shocks are good too thwts what rich duperbash used on is typhon the typhon 6s shocks from jenny rc price has become ridiculous expensive you can still get the front outcast shocks(same as typhons front but with harder springs) for 23$ the pair but nothing forthe rear
Thanks for the input

Most your questions can be answered by the first post on the thread that others have linked but since I was on Banggood just now I looked up the lengths for you.
20200322_145255.jpg

How do you like the shocks

On a similar note, are there any aftermarket shocks that fit the granite BLX out of the box, without using spacers, shims, or other alterations to try to make them fit? Every shock improvement better than stock that I hear of, requires some type of modifications just to make them fit.

Wondering if you ever received your shocks from banggood? I ordered a set and they shipped yesterday. Wondering how long they will take to get here. I chose USA Priority Shipping.

On a similar note, are there any aftermarket shocks that fit the granite BLX out of the box, without using spacers, shims, or other alterations to try to make them fit? Every shock improvement better than stock that I hear of, requires some type of modifications just to make them fit.
Nope but the axial bushings are like $4 a pack and pop right in

Does anyone have any opinions or have tried GPM racing shocks? Haven't seem much info/reviews online. I guess they're similar to the other chinese shocks in performance? One thing I did notice was that they are 102/115mm in size, which is almost exactly the same as stock. All the other chinese options (ebay big bore, hsp, etc) seem to need modifications to make them fit and work. Thanks!

Does anyone have any opinions or have tried GPM racing shocks? Haven't seem much info/reviews online. I guess they're similar to the other chinese shocks in performance? One thing I did notice was that they are 102/115mm in size, which is almost exactly the same as stock. All the other chinese options (ebay big bore, hsp, etc) seem to need modifications to make them fit and work. Thanks!
There are a few guys that I have seen run them, they work decent I would not trust the shock rod ends though as GPMs plastic is worse than their aluminum, not sure what rod ends will work with them but I would look at either the RPM rod ends for Traxxas shocks or see if the Arrma 6s rod ends fit.

Get the hot racing shock bodies and you'll never look back. Almost a year of bashing and only 1 bent shock shaft on mine. Just make sure you order the normal size and not the big bore bodies.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back