Fury Help identifying chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
got it for free from a buddy trying to clean up his shop. Can anyone do you identify it for me please

CBBC60A3-BD1A-40FB-B0F6-E9E9DDE6F19E.jpeg

I would need too see a picture of the entire thing, but it appears to be a 2014 spec 2wd model. @biggman100 knows these models better than anyone on here.

It's one of the long wheelbase models.

Fury
1675131271208.png

Raider XL

1675131305906.png

hehe, arrma sure has come a long way in the last decade. :p

2wd is a completely different experience than 4wd and the Boost models do not count as 2wd as they are a 4wd vehicle with the front diff and driveshafts removed and handles completely different from a tradition 2wd vehicle.

got it for free from a buddy trying to clean up his shop. Can anyone do you identify it for me please

View attachment 274226
Like @slick2500 said, i would need a pic showing the entire chassis. It is definitely a 2014/2015 mega, but, because of where the pic cuts off, i cant tell if it is a LWB or SWB truck. If its LWB, its either a Fury, Mojave (very rare, and the rear link ends would be purple) or Raider XL. If it is a SWB, its either a Granite or Raider, or one of the last versions of the ADX-10. If it is complete, then it wouldnt take much to get it running again. If it isnt, it can get very pricey, especially if it has diff issues. It came with a plastic diff, and parts are available, but, they don't hold up to a lot of power, which then necessitates an HPI Blitz ball diff swap, but, to do that swap requires a ton of hard to find and expensive transmission parts. Its why i haven't done it to either of the Fury mega's i have. I just keep them brushed, and run them only on 2S.
I wish Arrma would go back to building this style of vehicle again. The closest i have come to something current that handles and runs like the Arrma 2WD's did are the HPI Jumpshot trucks. I have several different 2WD SCT's, and my Arrma Fury is still my favorite of all of them. The Losi 22S SCT comes in a close second, tied with the HPI Jumpshot SC.

Like @slick2500 said, i would need a pic showing the entire chassis. It is definitely a 2014/2015 mega, but, because of where the pic cuts off, i cant tell if it is a LWB or SWB truck. If its LWB, its either a Fury, Mojave (very rare, and the rear link ends would be purple) or Raider XL. If it is a SWB, its either a Granite or Raider, or one of the last versions of the ADX-10. If it is complete, then it wouldnt take much to get it running again. If it isnt, it can get very pricey, especially if it has diff issues. It came with a plastic diff, and parts are available, but, they don't hold up to a lot of power, which then necessitates an HPI Blitz ball diff swap, but, to do that swap requires a ton of hard to find and expensive transmission parts. Its why i haven't done it to either of the Fury mega's i have. I just keep them brushed, and run them only on 2S.

I wish Arrma would go back to building this style of vehicle again. The closest i have come to something current that handles and runs like the Arrma 2WD's did are the HPI Jumpshot trucks. I have several different 2WD SCT's, and my Arrma Fury is still my favorite of all of them. The Losi 22S SCT comes in a close second, tied with the HPI Jumpshot SC.

Didn't the swb chassis only have 1 rectangle cutout in the front?

Omg this is a true rc nerd! So much respect dude, I can only dream to have this kind of detailed knowledge one day 🤣

Nerd knowledge level 1000 here, we’ll done sir… we’ll done 🫡
I gotta say slick250 and bigman100 have some next level knowledge. I best be following these nerds

Last edited:
Good point. It was 1 in the morning when i replied, so i was exhausted, and i didnt even think to pay attention to the cutouts. That means its definitely a Fury, Mojave 2WD, or Raider XL. The parts are pretty much interchangeable between them though, so, the only differences would be the tires and wheels, body, bumpers, and, in the case of the Raider, the roll cage.

I am rather shocked they don't. 5 of my 7 Traxxas cars are 2wd.
After Hobbico got sued, they just never brought back a true 2WD. As for Traxxas, they make an ok 2WD, but, even an overbuilt Slash is still a bit behind an Arrma Fury BLX in terms of handling, and how much abuse they can take. I routinely beat on both a Slash, and a Fury (before i lost it in a fire last year, my Fury BLX was always my goto truck for hard running), and, the Fury always seemed to break less, and need less overall maintenance than the Slash. The Fury i picked up to replace the one i lost is a mega, so im a bit more conservative with it, but, eventually i hope to build another BLX basher. I tend to pick up every Fury i can find, no matter the condition. I currently have one complete truck, one nearly complete, and 4 BLS/BLX sliders (got to love eBay), because i like that truck so much.

Good point. It was 1 in the morning when i replied, so i was exhausted, and i didnt even think to pay attention to the cutouts. That means its definitely a Fury, Mojave 2WD, or Raider XL. The parts are pretty much interchangeable between them though, so, the only differences would be the tires and wheels, body, bumpers, and, in the case of the Raider, the roll cage.

After Hobbico got sued, they just never brought back a true 2WD. As for Traxxas, they make an ok 2WD, but, even an overbuilt Slash is still a bit behind an Arrma Fury BLX in terms of handling, and how much abuse they can take. I routinely beat on both a Slash, and a Fury (before i lost it in a fire last year, my Fury BLX was always my goto truck for hard running), and, the Fury always seemed to break less, and need less overall maintenance than the Slash. The Fury i picked up to replace the one i lost is a mega, so im a bit more conservative with it, but, eventually i hope to build another BLX basher. I tend to pick up every Fury i can find, no matter the condition. I currently have one complete truck, one nearly complete, and 4 BLS/BLX sliders (got to love eBay), because i like that truck so much.
Sadly Traxxas is basically the only ones who make a decent 2wd platform anymore, the HPI Jumpshot seems okay but with how flakey HRP is with bringing parts in and the fact that there is basically zero aftermarket support for them I just cannot recommend them. The Team Corally stuff looks decent but again HRP sucks at getting parts in and no aftermarket. Ecx is another option but supply of the vehicles new is limited to hobby stores and most of the aftermarket is Chinese bling parts.

Sadly Traxxas is basically the only ones who make a decent 2wd platform anymore, the HPI Jumpshot seems okay but with how flakey HRP is with bringing parts in and the fact that there is basically zero aftermarket support for them I just cannot recommend them. The Team Corally stuff looks decent but again HRP sucks at getting parts in and no aftermarket. Ecx is another option but supply of the vehicles new is limited to hobby stores and most of the aftermarket is Chinese bling parts.
Out of those four, i cant say anything about the Team Corally stuff, since i have never even seen one up close. As for the other three, I have to say this about the HPI Jumpshot. After abusing one a few times, they are really durable (the Jumpshot MT is actually fairly decent in light snow), but, when they do break, it can be annoying getting parts, but, me personally, that wont stop me from buying them, since most of the parts are on eBay, and, its how i get most RC stuff anyway. They do make a bunch of aluminum parts for them, but, as for what other aftermarket stuff, i cant say what is or isnt out there, because i never looked. ECX, after owning 2, i would never own again. I just had way, way too many issues with them, constantly. Traxxas, i don't really have much of an issue with, since after finally owning one (and, now i own several), and, even using just stock parts, didnt break as much as i expected it to, but, it did break more than my Fury did, Overall though, in my experience, they arent as bad as they have constantly been made out to be. Most though, for 2WD, will either end up with Traxxas, or, if they are like me, a kit (ok, so they start out as kits, but i buy them as sliders used). I am currently looking at a Losi SCT (22SCT), and another Associated SCT (RC10SC probably). Even though i don't race anymore, i have found that TLR and AE race kits make more durable bashers, for some reason.

Out of those four, i cant say anything about the Team Corally stuff, since i have never even seen one up close. As for the other three, I have to say this about the HPI Jumpshot. After abusing one a few times, they are really durable (the Jumpshot MT is actually fairly decent in light snow), but, when they do break, it can be annoying getting parts, but, me personally, that wont stop me from buying them, since most of the parts are on eBay, and, its how i get most RC stuff anyway. They do make a bunch of aluminum parts for them, but, as for what other aftermarket stuff, i cant say what is or isnt out there, because i never looked. ECX, after owning 2, i would never own again. I just had way, way too many issues with them, constantly. Traxxas, i don't really have much of an issue with, since after finally owning one (and, now i own several), and, even using just stock parts, didnt break as much as i expected it to, but, it did break more than my Fury did, Overall though, in my experience, they arent as bad as they have constantly been made out to be. Most though, for 2WD, will either end up with Traxxas, or, if they are like me, a kit (ok, so they start out as kits, but i buy them as sliders used). I am currently looking at a Losi SCT (22SCT), and another Associated SCT (RC10SC probably). Even though i don't race anymore, i have found that TLR and AE race kits make more durable bashers, for some reason.

I think @305HemiGuy has the Team Corally MT.

The Jumpshot vehicles don't really get a lot of publicity it seems and I didn't even realize HPI made upgrade parts for them.

I have had a number of Ecx vehicles, my big issues with them is the parts are super sloppy which made the handling of them rather twitchy feeling and they required a number of home brew fixes and "upgrades" to stock Traxxas parts to remedy the issues.

Most of the guys I see complain about how crappy Traxxas vehicles are run them into anything and everything they can or send them off 50 foot jumps and crash then complain they broke because it's a Traxxas. I currently have 3 Traxxas 2wd models, a Stampede VXL(started it's life as a XL-5), a Rustler VXL and a Bandit VXL. The Stampede I bought used back in 2015 when I first got into the hobby, I broke it a lot because I didn't know how to drive so it sat for like 4 years as a roller and I finally rebuilt it 2 years ago. The Rustler I built in August from parts from eBay and Jennys and the Bandit I bought used off Facebook. Since I rebuild the Stampede I have bent a couple of shock shafts and stripped a spur gear, the Rustler all I have broken is the steering bell crank and a rear camber link, I did bend the eBay Chinesium shock towers I bought for it but I have since replaced them with RPM shock towers and so far I have not broken a thing on the Bandit. I want to build a LCG Slash just to complete the ensemble.

Billdelong on RCTalk recommended that I check out PR Racing, he used to be a team driver for them for a few years and said he really liked their kits plus they are super cheap https://shop.thercproshop.com/pr-racing/pr-racing-kits $214.99 for a short course truck kit that is a steal of a deal right there.

The Jumpshot vehicles don't really get a lot of publicity it seems and I didn't even realize HPI made upgrade parts for them.
Actually, the Jumpshot parts arent made by HPI. I guess i should have clarified that. They are actually made by Integy. Integy makes a ton of parts in aluminum, including transmission housings, suspension, shock towers, hubs, steering parts, and the list goes on. Im waiting for them to come out with a completely aluminum chassis case. This is just one of their kits: https://www.ebay.com/itm/132220632908?epid=4002633225&hash=item1ec8f6bf4c:g:hO8AAOSwrfVZOd91&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAA4CIYYPVy/2mjcPuHNd78qigehsY6i4ckpoufvylzTx5KnYoaKdO42BzfYsMudQxSboeuo99HVVHMmSBrkSFfvG36lMPoeBlx7U7AqJvWEW2GEGNtIj3q9eAfJwPIVMZ6/ua+rCKB60hH9LV/Rn3UhhNqQZvnSOuAjP2QHosWH/85tPYwTPTLtfizq8jQPmX5PWvCCrbSzrDHSlPIKy1qZC5+/zPTcjFYrbIqXpK7+C4stB9x6mQgXoxwOlfBRI9M4+gby3o3MbVXkMaKgXffFnU4GQvgxzw9mZeBXRPAUKko|tkp:Bk9SR56SxLLBYQ&LH_BIN=1
However, i have ran my Jumpshot MT pretty hard, and, so far, i haven't broke anything except a front arm, and its all stock, so, im not sure there is a need for much in the way of aftermarket stuff. Just my opinion though. As for why they don't get much in the way of publicity, i think that is entirely an HPI thing. You rarely see ads for anything HPI, and everyone else has tons of ads for everything they sell. Even when im searching for HPI stuff, i rarely ever see an ad, but, search for anything Traxxas or Arrma, and, for the next week, since im on my desktop, ill get flooded with ads.

Actually, the Jumpshot parts arent made by HPI. I guess i should have clarified that. They are actually made by Integy. Integy makes a ton of parts in aluminum, including transmission housings, suspension, shock towers, hubs, steering parts, and the list goes on. Im waiting for them to come out with a completely aluminum chassis case. This is just one of their kits: https://www.ebay.com/itm/132220632908?epid=4002633225&hash=item1ec8f6bf4c:g:hO8AAOSwrfVZOd91&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAA4CIYYPVy/2mjcPuHNd78qigehsY6i4ckpoufvylzTx5KnYoaKdO42BzfYsMudQxSboeuo99HVVHMmSBrkSFfvG36lMPoeBlx7U7AqJvWEW2GEGNtIj3q9eAfJwPIVMZ6/ua+rCKB60hH9LV/Rn3UhhNqQZvnSOuAjP2QHosWH/85tPYwTPTLtfizq8jQPmX5PWvCCrbSzrDHSlPIKy1qZC5+/zPTcjFYrbIqXpK7+C4stB9x6mQgXoxwOlfBRI9M4+gby3o3MbVXkMaKgXffFnU4GQvgxzw9mZeBXRPAUKko|tkp:Bk9SR56SxLLBYQ&LH_BIN=1
However, i have ran my Jumpshot MT pretty hard, and, so far, i haven't broke anything except a front arm, and its all stock, so, im not sure there is a need for much in the way of aftermarket stuff. Just my opinion though. As for why they don't get much in the way of publicity, i think that is entirely an HPI thing. You rarely see ads for anything HPI, and everyone else has tons of ads for everything they sell. Even when im searching for HPI stuff, i rarely ever see an ad, but, search for anything Traxxas or Arrma, and, for the next week, since im on my desktop, ill get flooded with ads.

I didn't even see the Integy stuff.
I found these on the HPI website.
https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/115435
https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/115437
https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/115439

Now if only they would make them in purple. Its how i found the Integy parts in the first place, was by looking for purple rear hubs, steering blocks, and caster blocks, after someone else told me they make them in multiple colors.

You don't see purple a lot that is for sure. 9 times out of 10 the aluminum stuff is blue or red.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back