Granite Help! Leaky Rear Shocks on Granite Voltage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCGrunt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Voltage
BLUF:
Does anyone have any tips on standard O-ring size or upgraded shocks?
I've seen posts talking about Losi green slime to seal the threads and O-ring. Is this a requirement? I thought O-rings were a seal.
Also, I wanted to firm up my shocks so I picked up some 460 cst shock oil. Is this a variable I need to consider when upgrading shocks or buying O-rings?

I discovered my rear shocks have been leaking. I only noticed after my back end bottomed out and broke the diff cup on one side after a back-flipo_O. I've been looking for new O-rings but I cannot seem to find the right size.

I've read some other threads talking about HSP shocks, they do look cheapo but if they're good, I'll try it for the price. Can anyone confirm HSP works good on the Granite Voltage?

Try rebuilding them with the stock OE NEW O-rings and use o-ring lube. Place O-rings in a plastic bag with some lube and let them sit for several hours so they swell a bit. Massage the lube while in the bag Then install them. This helped me with a set of Proline scaler shocks that leaked ( all 4 of them) out the gate when new. PL couldn't help me much. This is a good practice when doing all shock rebuilds:).
AE Greennslime, Protek Premier Blue, or any silicone o-ring lube is fine. Make sure your shock cartridge parts are not worn and is very clean before assembly. Don't overfill your shocks!! I don't have a Granite. But shocks are shocks. They all vary in quality. But pretty much assemble the same way. Others may chime in. Sometimes upgrade shocks are not all that.(y)

Try rebuilding them with the stock OE NEW O-rings and use o-ring lube. Place O-rings in a plastic bag with some lube and let them sit for several hours so they swell a bit. Massage the lube while in the bag Then install them. This helped me with a set of Proline scaler shocks that leaked ( all 4 of them) out the gate when new. PL couldn't help me much. This is a good practice when doing all shock rebuilds:).
AE Greennslime, Protek Premier Blue, or any silicone o-ring lube is fine. Make sure your shock cartridge parts are not worn and is very clean before assembly. Don't overfill your shocks!! I don't have a Granite. But shocks are shocks. They all vary in quality. But pretty much assemble the same way. Others may chime in. Sometimes upgrade shocks are not all that.(y)
Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it. I'll give it a go and let you know how it goes.

Followed your advice. We're rolling good as new. Thanks for responding!?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back