Typhon Help! Loose driveshaft on Typhon 3s!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 3s
The front right drive shaft can move side to side, all screws seem to be tightened, i can’t find what is causing the issue!
image.jpg

I too have a lot of slop in my typhon 3s drivetrain there’s some YouTube videos on shimming out the slop you can search for.
If you have video on how much it moves it can help in case it’s more than slop.

There's a screw inside the driveshaft that holds the stub axle to the driveshaft, and it could be loose. Check out this video.

I tried screwing in that screw and it was super tight, i couldn’t even unscrew it. It might still be lock tighted from the factory but has wiggled loose.

I tried screwing in that screw and it was super tight, i couldn’t even unscrew it. It might still be lock tighted from the factory but has wiggled loose.
You never answered my question.

You never answered my question.
It’s more of an in and out, it looks normal if you push it in all the way, in the photo, it’s all the way out

a little in and out play is normal, you will always get a little bit but excessive play sounds like a bearing is getting ready to go

I need help again! I swapped the driveshaft to the other side to see if the hub caused it, and now they are both loose! I don’t know what’s causing it

I still think that screw is your problem. It is not loc-tited from the factory. If you can't loosen it, it sounds like something's wrong. I guess a half disintegrated bearing could also cause it. Or a melted/damaged steering knuckle.

I still think that screw is your problem. It is not loc-tited from the factory. If you can't loosen it, it sounds like something's wrong. I guess a half disintegrated bearing could also cause it. Or a melted/damaged steering knuckle.
I managed to loosen it, see my most recent reply to the thread before this one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back