Kraton Help me decide my next rig...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent_Joe0779

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Typhon 6s
Hello Arrma forum members Im back looking for opinions on what my next arrma rig should be. last time you guys helped me decide and i picked up a mojave the best rig i own to date love that thing... I have narrowed it down between the Kraton 6s v5 RTR and the outcast 8s EXb. Im little concerned with the outcast and it heavy weight i don't bash extremely hard but i do light to medium bashing and don't want to constantly work on a broken rig what does you guys think i already have a granite and mojave and just bought a new losi drag car so that keeps me busy for my on road use so my next rig needs to be off-road as always all opinions on both are always welcomed..

Kraton is amazing to send, tough as all get out. The 8S is amazing for its raw size and power, but it'll be down and out more often.

Mojave and a Kraton always seemed to me to be a killer off-road combo. Maybe a Noto for pure flips.

If you don't want to constantly work on a broken rig, I'd consider a K6S RTR fully inspected/rebuilt/fixed and upgraded with key M2C stuff (or other high quality aftermarket parts).

Minimally, I'd upgrade the chassis braces to nice 7075 stuff like M2C. For a greater peace of mind, upgrade to the M2C shock towers and chassis as well.

With all these upgrades on a K6S, it will probably end up cheaper than an O8S EXB and you won't break much stuff for medium bashing.

If you don't want to constantly work on a broken rig, I'd consider a K6S RTR fully inspected/rebuilt/fixed and upgraded with key M2C stuff (or other high quality aftermarket parts).

Minimally, I'd upgrade the chassis braces to nice 7075 stuff like M2C. For a greater peace of mind, upgrade to the M2C shock towers and chassis as well.

With all these upgrades on a K6S, it will probably end up cheaper than an O8S EXB and you won't break much stuff for medium bashing.
just curious do you think with light to med bashing will the RTR be strong enough without m2c upgrades i understand no rig is bullet proof but like i said i don't want to constantly be working on a broken rig. That why the sheer weight of the 8s outcast gives me some doubts but i could be wrong

just curious do you think with light to med bashing will the RTR be strong enough without m2c upgrades i understand no rig is bullet proof but like i said i don't want to constantly be working on a broken rig. That why the sheer weight of the 8s outcast gives me some doubts but i could be wrong

I bash my V5 Kraton pretty good and I'd say the upgrades to an RTR that make it tough as nails are the M2C towers, chassis braces, 4mm shock stand offs, and rear tower brace. Non-M2C upgrades would be the EXB bumper, rear skidplate and if you really want a bulletproof rig, a roll cage. With these upgrades nothing breaks except the occasional rear gearbox which isn't a real big deal and is 10 dollars to replace.

I guess light to med bashing is subjective. You can probably be fine with the stock RTR for a while, but it is unlikely that nothing will break.

My experience with a V4 is that it only takes a bad crash to bend the shock towers. Both my front and rear shock towers bent on my V4 on separate crashes. I have M2C towers now. Many people have demonstrated also that the stock plastic chassis brace are very weak and can lead to bent chassis when they break. I consider these are almost mandatory upgrades out of the box.

Alternatively, the stock Kraton 6S EXB could be plenty strong for you. However, I personally think that having interchangeable diffs between your Mojave and a Kraton 6S RTR could be an advantage, so I think you're probably better with an upgraded RTR. It's just my opinion however. Others may have a different, but equally valid opinion. :)

Edit: Yes, the front bumper is indeed the #1 upgrade on the Kraton 6S RTR.

I have a Kraton EXB and it's an amazing rig for bashing. However I find myself keep going back to run my Gen 1 6S Outcast, the short wheelbase is just so just much fun! I recently got a Mojave EXB, completely different driving experience and after 2 packs I can see why people love it so much.

Not mentioned is that you can share batteries and some spare parts with your Mojave if you get a K6 RTR.

Between Jenny's RC stock parts and M2C and Basher Queen upgrades, it is easy to address any breakage with a cheap repair or upgrade if needed. That's what I have done with my Notorious V5 RTR. Example - Jenny's RC chassis is only $23 for the Kraton, $48 for the EXB (my notorious is $12) and it hasn't bent yet. Stock Shock towers are like $10 for the pair, but you might want to invest if you bend then too often.

Not to add to the confusion but I really enjoy my Typhon V5 more than I expected but it really doesn't fit dual 3S batteries easily, better with 6S packs.

Hurricane

If you go 6s go for the Kraton. Big fun. Very different from the Mojave. Mojave when you have flat space. Kraton when it's not so flat.
If you go for an 8s - the Outcast has the problem of getting that power to the ground in front. That is the downside of a car that flips well. If that is an issue go for the DBXLE 2.0. Sturdy, nice control in the air, easy to jump, very clean jumps. You won't keep working on it as it does not break easily. Just feels wrong to flip it on the roof so you automatically drive adjusted. But you certainly need more that one set of lipos.

If you go 6s go for the Kraton. Big fun. Very different from the Mojave. Mojave when you have flat space. Kraton when it's not so flat.
If you go for an 8s - the Outcast has the problem of getting that power to the ground in front. That is the downside of a car that flips well. If that is an issue go for the DBXLE 2.0. Sturdy, nice control in the air, easy to jump, very clean jumps. You won't keep working on it as it does not break easily. Just feels wrong to flip it on the roof so you automatically drive adjusted. But you certainly need more that one set of lipos.
just left the hobby shop and picked up the Kraton 6S V5 its bigger than i thought.. picked up the wheelie bar charging some batteries and time to rip this thing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back