Help me decide which Arrma car next?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funky

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
I need opinions and advice please!

I have a Typhon 6S V5 and Kraton 6S V5. Love them both but after something new.

I have the following on my radar and not sure which will bring me the enjoyment I seek. I kind of want something that I can run in a smaller area, mainly on-road but also on grass and something that I can jump a little bit to learn the basics and not destroy it in two seconds.

Mojave 6S, either RTR or EXB roller, the latter is appealing as it saves me the effort of upgrading and either way, it seems like an exciting and very different car to what I already have.

Granite V3 BLX. Thinking this may suit my needs as it's cheap, smaller, lighter and perhaps a good candidate for a quick run on the street and to practice jumping.

The Granite doesn't seem as exciting as the Mojave but I think the Mojave won't be the best to jump for a beginner (to jumping, not to driving in general) nor is it ideal for a quick run outside the house in a small space.

Notorious 6S. Thinking maybe not a wise choice as it won't offer anything drastically different to my Kraton 6S and will maybe not be strong enough to jump without spending a fortune fixing broken parts.

Outcast 8S. Not to jump nor to use in a small space, just wanna get in on the large scale fun.

I'm also thinking maybe I should wait and see what new stuff is coming out? The Kraton 8S EXB is probably hindering my trigger finger on the Outcast 8S, not sure if anything new is on the horizon to replace the Granite 3S?

That's where my mind is, steer me in the right direction.

I love my moj exb. It is so much fun to drive.

What kind of driving do you do? The obvious gap in your line up is something on road!

You are in the middle already with the 6s 's.
Either the 4x4 of or just go all the way ....1/5 EXB. I can spend your money well with a the 1/5.:ROFLMAO:

Like @Grimbles stated... On road. Any reason its not on your list? Not your thing?
A Lim. Roller @ $400. Have fun building it? Price seems in the middle of where you want to be.

I think you've already got the best one in the Typhon, it's small and agile, great for small places.

On-road doesn't do it for me I suppose. You kind of need a suitable surface, smooth flat concrete with no dips or bumps, and I don't have that. The Typhon does well on-road anyhow as it has the stability and suspension to deal with bumps but enough stability to drive fast and stable.

I mainly drive out on the street or I have a nice area a short walk from my house with grass, dirt and rolling hills which is where I take the Kraton.

I know you have grow some balls to speed run On roads on the roadways.:ROFLMAO:
Ask me how I know.
Years ago I got pancaked by a car in the road. Total loss.:LOL:

Granite is an unbelievably fun truck. Wheelies, backflips, or jumps it’s got you covered. Small enough to not need a football field to run, but fast enough to really move if you’ve got one. The updated vorteks that was leaked looked cool or the big rock if you want longer wheelbase. Don’t think I’ve ever heard someone say they don’t like their big rock. Really all the arrma lineup is good so you can’t go wrong regardless of what you get.

I feel the only worthwhile 4x4 is the latest BR. (LWB and wider track now) More stabile running. Less traction roll.
I would even wait for the 4s 4x4's if the 4x4 line up is where you want to be. Soon to be released/ major revisions expected. Also I find that some 4x4 parts are harder to source these days compared to the 6s rigs. 6s upgrade support is plentiful. A much mature design.
I am a 6s guy.
Just my spin. :cool:

I'm going to be patient and wait it out as long as I can, but am eying off the Mojave.

My 4s Kraton is what I run the most. My 6s stuff is just a bit too big for my backyard, and the 4s fits anywhere. It's also a bit more stable than a granite, which will save you some broken parts.

Dare I Say "Losi Super Rock Rey" 🪨..something about this one is drawing me closer like Jerry mouse and cheese 🧀
61hm8RYJ3wL._RI_.jpg

The 4S Kraton and Outcast should drop in a couple months. If you can't wait, either the Granite or Bigrock would fit your needs.

I'm thinking (literally hovering over the pull the trigger and say bye bye to my money button) about grabbing the Granite.

However I'm fighting demons regarding the Mojave. Two demons. Do I get the cheaper and smaller Granite and balance out my fleet with it (6S Typhon and Kraton). If not, do I get the Mojave which offers some contrast to my fleet, giving me a buggy, truck and short course.

If I do go Mojave, is RTR good enough or is it wise to spend the substantial extra $$$ on the EXB? To put it into monetary perspective, in my currency (Australian dollars):

Mojave RTR - $849
Mojave EXB - $725 (with $479 Extra needed to supply the required electronics - so $1204 all in).

Seems like better value getting the RTR given the cost of electronics separately.

Maybe the Granite then wait it out for newer models or save up more cash for some EXB models etc... Argh so indecisive. Someone make the decision for me!

Problem solved. Got a great discount on an Outcast 8S, so that's what I bought.

Completely the opposite of what I wanted in terms of being small and used in a smaller area lol, but I think the large scale will bring the biggest smile.

s-l400.png

Arrived today, not had time for a proper play, that'll have to wait till tomorrow.

I did take it up and down the street quickly, giggled the entire time. It's so ridiculously large, bloody hilarious. Already brought a smile to my face and I haven't even driven it properly yet.

IMG20210315194827.jpg

Arrived today, not had time for a proper play, that'll have to wait till tomorrow.

I did take it up and down the street quickly, giggled the entire time. It's so ridiculously large, bloody hilarious. Already brought a smile to my face and I haven't even driven it properly yet.

View attachment 132282
Congrats Man, that's one beautiful beast!

Thanks man, a beast it is.

Just got home from work now, 4S batteries arrived today via courier, charging em up and almost all set for a rip.

Batteries don't fit terribly well, bit of a squish. Adjusted the battery trays to make them longer but still a bit tight. Seems weird to me. They're 7000mAh batteries, maybe too much?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back