Help Me Decide!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostProtocol

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I know there's been a ton of these threads but I guess it's my turn to ask the Arrma Forum Braintrust. I have an Arrma Typhon 6S, Redcat TR-MT8E, HPI Bullet MT Flux, and Traxxas Rustler VXL. I'm looking at the Talion, Notorious, Hobao Hyper SS Truggy, and the Force RC Muckraker. I know that's a varied group but convince me....of something...lol

Hyper SS. Never driven one but I have been looking at it ever since I bought the shocks. Very nice build quality and it’s CHEAP! Tons of upgrades....I mean c’mon check out that motor mount that comes on it stock....

Hyper SS. Never driven one but I have been looking at it ever since I bought the shocks. Very nice build quality and it’s CHEAP! Tons of upgrades....I mean c’mon check out that motor mount that comes on it stock....
I had been eying it and was actually able to see one in person last weekend. I like it a lot. Just kinda worried about parts support but I'm not a hard basher so that might be a moot point and I think the parts can be found relatively easy online.

Or I would be willing to trade for something. PM me if interested.

You could get a $40 BLX 2050kv motor, ADS 15M servo and Tx and Rx off Jennys for under $100 too.

You’d have $380 in it plus whatever the ESC is...and you can even get the BLX185 off Jennys

Of all I have, the Talion is my (barely) favorite but considering you already own a Typhon 6s, I'd go with the Noto. Different experience altogether vs buggy / truggy and if you're looking for a new driving experience, the stunts and wild behavior of a shorter wheelbase is huge fun.
You can use the same battery packs you use for your Typhon and many parts are mostly interchangeable. If you like this forum, you'll get all the help you need here with Arrma. I like the look of all your options but all things considered, I'd go Noto or Talion without question. Just my opinion.

Or I would be willing to trade for something. PM me if interested.

You could get a $40 BLX 2050kv motor, ADS 15M servo and Tx and Rx off Jennys for under $100 too.

You’d have $380 in it plus whatever the ESC is...and you can even get the BLX185 off Jennys
Cool! Thank you!

Of all I have, the Talion is my (barely) favorite but considering you already own a Typhon 6s, I'd go with the Noto. Different experience altogether vs buggy / truggy and if you're looking for a new driving experience, the stunts and wild behavior of a shorter wheelbase is huge fun.
You can use the same battery packs you use for your Typhon and many parts are mostly interchangeable. If you like this forum, you'll get all the help you need here with Arrma. I like the look of all your options but all things considered, I'd go Noto or Talion without question. Just my opinion.
Yeah I'm struggling with the decision. My bro has a V2 Talion and he had adjusted it to where it was sitting low so we laughed when the V3 Talion came out, 'lowered' from the factory. And then I started wanting one... I hadn't really considered the Noto until I saw it outside of the box recently so that was a gamechanger. I'll also add I'm thinking about the Kraton too. I'm wondering if I should just wait. I have a feeling I'm going to make a decision and Arrma will drop the V4's. Lol

Yeah I'm struggling with the decision. My bro has a V2 Talion and he had adjusted it to where it was sitting low so we laughed when the V3 Talion came out, 'lowered' from the factory. And then I started wanting one... I hadn't really considered the Noto until I saw it outside of the box recently so that was a gamechanger. I'll also add I'm thinking about the Kraton too. I'm wondering if I should just wait. I have a feeling I'm going to make a decision and Arrma will drop the V4's. Lol
$500 ready to blast right out of the box is what I like.
I looked at the Hobao Hyper SS and it looks like a great deal and cool build with help from @Mongoose but no BLX185 esc available from Jenny's right now....which would keep it under $500.

Last edited:
@werner sline is a great trickster and very approachable. Always helpful to me and giving of his techniques. His channel is one I watch every time he releases a show. I wish I had the mod skills he has / determination because his rigs obviously take huge repetitive abuse. He also has great filming and editing technique and I regularly compliment the music and audio on his channel.
I thought he'd gone away from Arrma but the latest video didn't confirm.

I have a feeling I'm going to make a decision and Arrma will drop the V4's. Lol

Unfortunately that’s the way it usually goes lol. I’m kinda in the same boat. I want a XMAXX but I know Arrma will finally make an announcement that they are making a 1/6th scale MT as soon as I buy one lol

When Arrma drops the xmaxx killer, I'll buy it immediately. I don't foresee it happening soon but what do I know?
If I'm broke, living in the street and eating bugs, I'll still buy the Arrma xmaxx killer out of spite and fan-boy loyalty right away....I'd even pre-order and I make a rule to never pre-order sight unseen. LOL :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back