help me find a good hobby shop in the CT/MA/NY tristate area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carckton driver

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
well i already tried starting a thread to find good bashing spots but that didnt lead to anything so let me try to find a good hobby shop in the CT/NY/MA tristate area. the closest good hobby shop i know of to me is rc madness in enfield, its almost an hour and half drive.

Danbury hobbies. CT
Got My hard to find early release Lim. from there. I drove from NYC. Nice drive. @bicketybam used them, turned me onto them.
Aces.(y)
Lost my receipt and they texted me another one for HH warranty purposes.
Call ahead. They are helpful over the phone.

Brooklyn hobbies, NYC. is another one. Cust service can be lacking. Not as friendly over the phone. They can be rather $$. Been around for as long as I can remember. And they are only 35 min drive away from me. I started in RC buying much form them. Radios and all.

Willis hobbies, Long Island ,NY. is another. I used to race there in the early 2000's with my TC/ Carpet track. Track closed down. The culture changed greatly. They became a Traxxass store. I think they finally got into Arrma brand rigs. I used to argue with the owner about why he only pushes and has Traxass stuff.
I heard he finally stocks Arrma stuff. He is also expensive. A well heeled area of long Island. Guys pulling up in suit and ties with their Bentleys and Porsches bringing in their X-Maxxes to be "cleaned", fixed and batteries charged for their weekend bashing. They even have a service list that includes a Cleaning if you want. Can't make this stuff up. :LOL: I'll go there for paint and supplies. But years past I spent beaucoup $$ there. They used have every single brand out there with all the parts. They are mostly well known for Trains hobbyists since the 1960's.\

Bruckner Hobbies , Bronx NY is another. Big with Nitro parts also.

I shop online pretty much exclusively now.:cool:

Last edited:
man, these hobby shops are not an option for me, i need something a LOT closer to the ny/ct/ma tri state area.
Danbury hobbies. CT
Got My hard to find early release Lim. from there. I drove from NYC. Nice drive. @bicketybam used them, turned me onto them.
Aces.(y)
Lost my receipt and they texted me another one for HH warranty purposes.
Call ahead. They are helpful over the phone.

Brooklyn hobbies, NYC. is another one. Cust service can be lacking. Not as friendly over the phone. They can be rather $$. Been around for as long as I can remember. And they are only 35 min drive away from me. I started in RC buying much form them. Radios and all.

Willis hobbies, Long Island ,NY. is another. I used to race there in the early 2000's with my TC/ Carpet track. Track closed down. The culture changed greatly. They became a Traxxass store. I think they finally got into Arrma brand rigs. I used to argue with the owner about why he only pushes and has Traxass stuff.
I heard he finally stocks Arrma stuff. He is also expensive. A well heeled area of long Island. Guys pulling up in suit and ties with their Bentleys and Porsches bringing in their X-Maxxes to be "cleaned", fixed and batteries charged for their weekend bashing. They even have a service list that includes a Cleaning if you want. Can't make this stuff up. :LOL: I'll go there for paint and supplies. But years past I spent beaucoup $$ there. They used have every single brand out there with all the parts. They are mostly well known for Trains hobbyists since the 1960's.\

Bruckner Hobbies , Bronx NY is another. Big with Nitro parts also.

I shop online pretty much exclusively now.:cool:
the closest place you mentioned is over 2 hours away. BTW google says bruckner hobbies is permanently closed. so that leaves one at over 2 hours away and the other over 2 1/2 hours away
Hobby Quarters in Foxboro MA.... good place.
Mike
this is also over 2 1/2 hours away.

Last edited:
sounds like a good business opportunity to me !!

well i already tried starting a thread to find good bashing spots but that didnt lead to anything so let me try to find a good hobby shop in the CT/NY/MA tristate area. the closest good hobby shop i know of to me is rc madness in enfield, its almost an hour and half drive.
In Rhode island I go to Hard core hobby shop.we have a bashing park out side and a carpet track inside.worth the ride.best place in R.I👍😁 Christine will help you with any parts ..tell them king blitz sent you.😁👍

I gave up on the LHS once the internet came along.. I'm in the Albany NY area, but cannot say what hobby shops are around.I have heard good things about Small Addictions but they're located in Binghamton I think. That's over an hour west of Albany..

Last edited:
Nice, I'm in Smithfield... grew up in Burrillville. Is hard-core hobbies any good? Never been there... always go to hobby quarters...

What turns me off the most is a LHS that tries to push TRX down everyone's throat.. oh, you need HPI or Thunder Tiger parts? We can order them for you..yeah,me too, and I don't have to spend an hour driving then overpay for them either..no thanks.

There used to be a guy on the RC forums back when..went by the username Chainsaw..he was from Warwick IIRC.. built some badass rc's..
Definitely not me🙁 because I can't build a RC for poop.i wouldn't even know where to start🤣🤣🤣

Definitely not me🙁 because I can't build a RC for poop.i wouldn't even know where to start🤣🤣🤣
Sorry, I kinda spouted off there.. there's certainly plenty of good hobby shops out there. They're invaluable to getting new folks into the hobby.
I'm sure you'll get the hang of it..more quickly with help from a good LHS too👍😉

Nice, I'm in Smithfield... grew up in Burrillville. Is hard-core hobbies any good? Never been there... always go to hobby quarters...
Hard core is the only one I go to.check them out on their web site.you can see the out side track and the one inside made of carpet.you can go there buy any part you need and if you bring your tools you can install it there and try it out on there tracks.those that need help to install they charge a small fee and the staff is really nice.all my friends and co workers go there . In the summer time we do speed run contests and they give away prizes. And like some hobby shops that only seem to care about a certain brand at hard core they don't try to sell you only that one kind.we used to have a few hobby shops in Rhode island that all they sold was traxxas.and wouldn't help with other brands.because they were being endorsed .well they now are all closed .not many around any more and very few with tracks .the prices at hard core is pretty much standard.not over priced.youll pay about the same as what you see on the web but without the shipping.so right there your saving money.if you need help to solder anything they do it for you .advice is free 😁.what I love about them is that they are the only ones I know of that still sell and know about rc speed boats or sailing boats and sell all kinds of things for them . I have many rc boats that I was and still into before I got into cars and trucks and buggy's.and there is a awesome pond near by .they sell pretty much any RC vehicles.you name it they got it..or can get it for you.i couldn't tell you how many times I need a slipper clutch pads or just something to replace and they just one step away rather waiting 1 or 2 weeks for it get to me by mail.if you can wait ok cool but spring time and summer are already short .so why not support our local hobby shops so we can do what we love😁
What turns me off the most is a LHS that tries to push TRX down everyone's throat.. oh, you need HPI or Thunder Tiger parts? We can order them for you..yeah,me too, and I don't have to spend an hour driving then overpay for them either..no thanks.
I agree .. totally..that's not how a hobby shop should be ..those are the shops that could care less about what you need or want or like..they have a account with Traxxas and if they sell a lot of Traxxas products the shop gets a cut plus more products at a lower cost.for a business owner I guess it works for awhile but as a customers view that's not what we want .we want to be able to walk and either ask for advice or buy what we need without being harassed.lol.only way I can put it.i remember some shops wouldn't even look at you if you wasn't looking for a Traxxsas product.they would ignore you .God for bid you even ask a question that's not related to what they want to sell you.lol yeah fk that is right.maybey also that's why people turn to the internet.find a hobby shop that's willing to help you with your needs not there's
Oh damn I wrote a book.sorry boyz my badd

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back