Help Me Pick A Charger + LiPos for Kraton 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Protek prodigy duo?
https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...WGVhIZAsXRPOPF_HevLktM6v8gk4D2WkaAmqvEALw_wcB
24D68B6B-BFE6-48FF-8B50-BE84E750B538.png

I'm really happy with my gensacearespammers lipos. I run my RC on 4s (I can handle 6s, but I'm pretty new to RC, so still learning how to keep the car in one piece :rolleyes:).
I use 6750mah, which keeps on taking more than 7600mah according to my charger!
The charger is a 'RC Plus Cube duo charger' since I wanted to charge both lipos I have at the same time.

Would either of these be good lipos for a 6s setup?

Did you pick these batteries because of their discharge rating?
Don't get fooled by their sky high C ratings. 100C discharge rate is definitely a joke - especially for $80.
If you picked them because of the price then it's fine I guess ;)

Did you pick these batteries because of their discharge rating?
Don't get fooled by their sky high C ratings. 100C discharge rate is definitely a joke - especially for $80.
If you picked them because of the price then it's fine I guess ;)

Picking them because it seems to be what I can find with fast amazon prime shipping. If you have better suggestions, thney would be highly appreciated.
How fast do they ship?
The Hobbymate D6 duo pro is only 200 watts on AC power and the Hota D6+ is 300 watts.

With a 6S battery, it will pull 120+ watts on 1C charge rate with a 5000mah. So the D6 Duo Pro won’t be able to charge two 6s battery at 1C.

Thanks! I went with the HOTA D6+

I use turnigy heavy duty 4s 5000mah 60c on my talion with 20 pinion they just get warm , you can also get them in 6s , this battery outperforms my 140c 4s 5500 turnigy rapid in raw power output and they are cheap.

Any idea what would cause this? Charger is only a few weeks old. Just used the battery in the Kraton yesterday and drained it. Tried charging today and get this error.
6760D98E-BB5E-4BA5-AF62-8DEEDE70AEEF.jpeg

Any idea what would cause this? Charger is only a few weeks old. Just used the battery in the Kraton yesterday and drained it. Tried charging today and get this error.
View attachment 95449

did you ever figure what that was? maybe you had the wrong channel selected? I'm thinking of getting the same charger, what are your thoughts on it? Thanks

I did actually, and it is a great charger.

The battery was the issue. I purchased my Kraton used on FB marketplace and after a few runs, the 4S Ovonic Lipo it came with started having the issues. The balance connector seems like the wires are loose.

I purchased some new batteries online with no charge issues at all.

Plus, the owner of SMC was very helpful and understanding and was going to replace it for me. Fortunately, I figured out that it was the battery when the balance port registered voltages correctly and with no error when I pressed on the balance cable.

I'd reccomend this over IDST or spektrum chargers (had issues with both before getting this one).

did you ever figure what that was? maybe you had the wrong channel selected? I'm thinking of getting the same charger, what are your thoughts on it? Thanks

Thanks for the update. You helped me make up my mind. Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back