Help me pick a cordless screwdriver!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechDad

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
I've narrowed it down to the Dewalt DCF680N1 $72 or DCF680N2 with bag and 2 batteries $102 or the Metabo DB3DL2 $70. I need opinions on which one to get. If you've had both or all three,thats even better.

I love This one great to throw in your bashing tool box. Wish it had an adjustable clutch but other than that it’s great size and plenty of power. Well built with rubber grips
1586002195048.png

I find the 1/4" hex to be essential. Fast, can use the MIP etc speed tips, and plenty enough for RC and basic stuff around the house. It's my only cordless tool because everything else I have is passed down. lol
Absolutely, man I have been using this little driver a whole lot. It’s light, powerful, and just right for around the house. And the MIP speed tips are the best!

I'm rocking harbor freights top of the line bought with a gift card I got when I didn't know what else to buy with it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200405-113638_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200405-113638_Chrome.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 124
The only reason I chose the DeWALT driver was because I prefer the inline driver for most RC wrenching. I used to work in a PC building workshop where we built hundreds of PCs a day and an in-line driver was essential. I got used to that style. The DeWALT can also swivel to a handled style too if you need to put some weight behind it, but I’m usually grabbing my M12 Fuel driver or drills at that point. I also have a corded Hilti when things get real.

I'm rocking harbor freights top of the line bought with a gift card I got when I didn't know what else to buy with it.

I'm a Harbor Freight fan. I don't have any of their power tools but would have no prob buying some if the Ryobi One+ tools weren't so good for the money. Ryobi aren't amazing but a super value imo and often on sale. I don't have any of those either but bought my dad some at Christmas because he likes how light they are. He gave me his corded SkilSaw that may be 45 years old. It's heavy as hell and when I build a ramp or shelves (pretty much all I know how to do so far) I still borrow his Ryobi stuff.
Lately I'm looking for a 18 or 20v hand vacuum and am considering either the Ryobi or HF Bauer. Gotta pick the one I don't mind investing in their whole line down the road so I can stay on one battery fit. Unless you guys know of another cordless hand vacuum I should consider.

I'm a Harbor Freight fan. I don't have any of their power tools but would have no prob buying some if the Ryobi One+ tools weren't so good for the money.
I like the Ryobi 18v One tools, good value for money and cheap enough to replace if needed. Plus lots of cheap no name Chinese battery packs that work with them on Amazon and eBay. Lots of my garage tools are Ryobi - drills, impacts, sawsall, skillsaw, yard trimmer, etc. I only have a few harbor freight power tools mostly because I don't want to collect more batteries for new tools. I like their Earthquake and Bauer stuff. But if I had the money at the time and could start over I'd be a Milwaukee tools guy 100%

I like the Ryobi 18v One tools, good value for money and cheap enough to replace if needed. Plus lots of cheap no name Chinese battery packs that work with them on Amazon and eBay. Lots of my garage tools are Ryobi - drills, impacts, sawsall, skillsaw, yard trimmer, etc. I only have a few harbor freight power tools mostly because I don't want to collect more batteries for new tools. I like their Earthquake and Bauer stuff. But if I had the money at the time and could start over I'd be a Milwaukee tools guy 100%
Would there be much difference between 18v and 20v? I'm hoping for a vac pretty serious but all the stuff I've seen in the past suck because they don't suck enough. Lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back