Help me purchase the right connectors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trevor

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I’m a bit overwhelmed and looking for any help I can get.

What connectors/adaptor am I shopping for that will connect from my battery (blue) to a Granite or BRCC?

What connectors/adaptor am I shopping for that will connect from my charger (yellow) to the battery?

Attachments

• F9147E0B-D1E9-4FF4-BD45-45BBF0BEEB13.jpeg
    F9147E0B-D1E9-4FF4-BD45-45BBF0BEEB13.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 74
The blue end is called a ec5... it should directly plug into the arrma esc with factory plugs, even if it's the new ic5...

So for your charger your looking for ec5 to 4mm banana
The blue end is called a ec5... it should directly plug into the arrma esc with factory plugs, even if it's the new ic5...

So for your charger your looking for ec5 to 4mm banana

Or if you plan to keep the plug on the charger (xt60) you need an adaptor from xt60 to ec5... but I would just buy a ec5 to 4mm banana if you have to purchase stuff anyways

This

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191124-122926_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191124-122926_eBay.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 33
https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-KCRT...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B07BHHTPZ2
Check to make sure you need the correct male or female. I usually solder mine up as needed, but like @Camaroboy383 said it would be better to get the 4mm bullet/ EC5 adapter for the charger. I don't like connecting adapters to more adapters. That equals more resistance and goes against the rules...but charging rates usually low and you can get away with it.
But never use adapters between the ESC and your lipo if you don't know that already.

I have an ec5 charging lead. I’m not looking to turn a huge profit on it, if you’re looking for one private message me. Not that it matters but it’s never even been used.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 36
Last question (I hope).

What connector would I need to make this work? I’m thinking about picking up a pair of these (2S) to keep us from going crazy on 3S as we adjust to the speed of these cars.

Attachments

• B9C9139C-91CB-421C-8EBC-A3E08B7DDD13.png
    B9C9139C-91CB-421C-8EBC-A3E08B7DDD13.png
    543.6 KB · Views: 40
Last question (I hope).

What connector would I need to make this work? I’m thinking about picking up a pair of these (2S) to keep us from going crazy on 3S as we adjust to the speed of these cars.
You will need to unsolder the deans connector and solder EC5 connector the blue we said earlier
They are pretty easy to solder i think i have xt90's and its like cake

Looks like I can order a T Male to EC5 Female adapter for the 2S battery without soldering. I’ll try that first and then head out to the LHS about soldering. I live in a small house and I don’t think I’d use a soldering iron often enough to justify the purchase.

Looks like I can order a T Male to EC5 Female adapter for the 2S battery without soldering. I’ll try that first and then head out to the LHS about soldering. I live in a small house and I don’t think I’d use a soldering iron often enough to justify the purchase.
I don’t know man. A lot of adapters are for charging use only. That’s totally fine, just don’t try and run them in a vehicle. Under high amp draw, especially if it’s a cheap job, it’ll melt and possibly short out.

That makes sense. Looks like the only true answer here is to learn how to solder.

If I’m ordering on Amazon, do I need anything else besides a soldering iron and several of the EC5 connectors? Anything else I should order while I’m online?

That makes sense. Looks like the only true answer here is to learn how to solder.

If I’m ordering on Amazon, do I need anything else besides a soldering iron and several of the EC5 connectors? Anything else I should order while I’m online?
Some quality solder and flux. Ask around for that stuff though. My equipment isn’t the best.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back