Help, My 5th scale goes into a "death wobble"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobalt172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I have a redcat rampage XBE which I made 8s and I recently slapped some primal RC drag slicks on it so I can tear up the pavement witchout completely desimating my knobbies.

The problem I am having with these tires now is that the whole rear end of the car starts to wobble once the car gets to 45 or 50mph, if I continue accelerating the wobble gets to the point to where the car looks like its going to explode.

Do I just need to adjust the toe in or the camber??

Is it possible you have dirt or water inside the tires so that at speed they are horribly unbalanced? Do they balloon up? No idea what those tires are, are they belted? I suggest taking a driveshaft or dogbone out on one wheel and making sure the bearing turns smoothly. Then turn it slowly and let it stop at different points in the rotation and see if it is balanced.

Brand new is when they are the most out of wack. You've already driven them which is good, always want to drive on a fresh set of tires before balancing. It gives the foams a chance to settle in.

Next you want to look for a 1/5th wheel balancer. Integy makes one available on Amazon. Integy doesn't have a good name attached to it as far as quality but their balancer does the job well. One of very few balancers able to handle 1/5 scale wheels, they also have the 24mm HEX. Next you want to order balancing clay also found on Amazon, AKA makes a good one.

EDIT:

On the balancer the tire will spin to the heaviest side on the bottom. You simply add clay to the inside of the rim on the top till it balances out perfectly in any position left on the balancer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back