Talion Help! My ESC is on fire!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evildoublez

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I recently installed a new servo on my Arrma Talion 6s. In order to do so I had to remove the ESC and rerun all the wiring. After putting it all back together I turned it on and tested the steering. Everything seemed to be working fine. When I took it outside and tried to take it for a spin in the parking lot the ESC burst into flames. I obviously shorted it out somehow... but how? Any idea what would make this happen? The fire started when I drove it through a little bit of water, if that matters (although it shouldn't).
Also, since I'm going to need a new ESC can anyone recommend an upgrade? I'm not looking to spend a lot of extra money so cost is a big factor.
Thanks in advance!

its obviously a guess,...but if it happened after driving through water, water likely facilitated the short. probably had wires chafed.
chafing happens...replaced the esc in my kraton, had to deal with alot of chafed wires, those were all command wires though. Just went through my 4s outcast and spotted a very odd chafe. The dummy plug for the y wire to the battery has chafed through exposing the side of the terminal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back