Kraton Help...need assistance to upgrade parts...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearcats

Reaction score
So a good friend of mine allowed me to drive his 4s kraton with 3s. I managed to put it into a four wheel drift...up a curb and crush his lower leg. In the process I broke the chassis (where the lower A arm hinge pin fits) as well as the bulk head.

Freak accident for sure...but I feel super guilty. He is "unconcerned". I would like to upgrade his chassis and bulkhead to something a bit better as a Thank You for "letting me mash your new RC truck into your leg and breaking parts". I don't want to spend 200...but I don't want to be cheap either. What are my options?

Thanks in advance....
-'Cats

pic1.JPG
pic2.JPG

Last edited:
No aftermarket chassis or bulkheads available. You’ll have to buy the OEM parts.

Most welcome. You might not wanna drift too close to curbs, Dominic Toretto ?

Well...yeah...best laid plans of Mice and Men. I had the sweeper going real well...many times...but on this one...who knows for sure what I borked...but the rear end came around I put whatever input in...and whammo.... :-( Just grateful my buddy was cool about it. I feel stupid and guilty.

And yes...I live my life 165 feet at a time...LOL.

So if I can get a second set of eyes:

Chassis = AR320397
Bulkhead = AR320399
?

Thanks again. Using this breakout diagram. https://www.arrma-rc.com/interactive-exploded-view/ARA102690

If he’s still using the stx2, blame it on that and pick him up an upgrade ? but in all seriousness, he sounds like good buddy. Luckily it wasn’t worse!

If he’s still using the stx2, blame it on that and pick him up an upgrade ? but in all seriousness, he sounds like good buddy. Luckily it wasn’t worse!

He is and I did notice goofy operation where I wasnt but 25 yardsish from the vehicle and it wouldnt steer for the dickens with almost no throttle. I am still aiming for a 6s at the end of June (RIFs happened and I am so lucky our group was not involved this round) and have a Futaba 3PV on my Amazon list for instant replacement.

And yes; good guy. He could have spit fire and brimstone and was so nonchalant about the issue. Thats why I was hopping I could upgrade that area as this is his first hobby grade vehicle and he enjoys it a lot.

That cut looks beefy, your friend will have a scar to remember you by ?

My LHS has two bulkheads. I bought them both because he stated Horizon doesn't have any in stock. Ordered the chassis and it will be here Friday or Monday.

That’s not a V4 Kraton. That is a Kraton 4S. No chassis options to date.

So we rebuilt her today. A couple hours but we were enjoying adult beverages and shooting the poo at the same time.

He saw the glitch of the radio when we were testing it out prior to a run. So he is looking now for a radio.View attachment 87279

20200626_154652.jpg

20200626_161231.jpg

20200626_173417.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back