Help needed Kraton 4s receiver swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paigecm

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Very new here and somewhat to RC’s. Had nitro about 8 to 10 years ago, just a little background. Anyhow I have a Kraton 4s and today I changed out the Servo and was adding a TTX300 radio. Put all in and radio paired no problem. Problem is I have no throttle but steering works. I tried to do as it says in the book by going into program throttle mode but I only get one green beep and nothing else. I’ve tried and tried so I went back to the spektrum and same exact thing. When I power on I get a fast blinking red light from the esc. When I go into program mode by using A and B at the same time I get the beeps and red light. Then try to set the throttle but nothingjust one green flash. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well just went to go mess with it again. Now my steering not only steers it controls the throttle!

Last edited:
Try an ESC defaults reset and try the to throttle endpoint calibration procedure again? Assuming your wiring isn't the issue the procedure should be:

1. Turn on transmitter (ESC should still be off here)
2. On the esc, press and hold the Set button and turn the ESC power to ON. When the red light blinks release the set button.
3. Leave the throttle in the neutral position then press Set button once and the esc should blink green once.
4. Next pull the trigger 100% forward and hold it there then press the set button again and it should blink green twice
5. Next, push the trigger to 100% reverse and press the set button again and it should blink 3 times.
6. Turn off truck, then turn off radio, then power back up radio then truck and it should be done.

For calibration:
1. Turn on the esc with the set button pressed. The esc will start to make biping noise
2. Press the set button once without touching the remove at all
3. oull the trigger to set the foward position and then press the set button again
4. Go maximum backwards on the remove and press the set button again
5. Turn off the esc and turn it back on. I assume you have plugged the esc on channel 2 and steering on channel1 if the esc is on another channel than the 2 well the throttle will obviously not work
The purpose of qualibration is to tell the esc what position is what

I tried the calibration. That’s where I run into the wall. It won’t give me the green beeps. How do I do an ESC defaults reset? I do have the wiring on the correct channels. I have triple checked that.

I tried the calibration. That’s where I run into the wall. It won’t give me the green beeps. How do I do an ESC defaults reset? I do have the wiring on the correct channels. I have triple checked that.
Okay so if after you turn the esc on with the set button pressed and relased it immedietly when the beeping starts and the calibration only allows you to set the neutral position it means the esc is not receiving any information from the radio make sure you plugged the esc into channel 2

Your wires from the ESC to the receiver are either not plugged in right or are damaged.

It does beep when I do the set button and power. However when programming the throttle I get one green light then try to do the next step which is WOT I do not get the green light again.

If you leave the set button pressed your going to go out of calibration mode and entering the settings of acceleration,breaking power ect you need to release the set button when the esc start beeping after you turn it in to stay in calibration mode
Idk if the ttx300 has settings like the tqi from traxxas

Again. The steering works. So it is getting a signal. Now the steering also controls the throttle. I don’t know how I could have damaged any wires. I had no power to the unit and just replaced the Servo and switched out the radio?

It is the one that came with the Tactic. I have the stock plugged up now. I will take a pic when I get home and try to post it. Thank you all for trying to help. Please check back in later for photo.

The wires shown on the esc ar plugged into “aux” on the receiver. The other side is plugged into throttle and servo in servo.
Thanks to my wife for sending pics. Very PAINFUL.

Attachments

• C779AB9D-E47C-4A03-AD47-49BF6794F3DB.jpeg
    C779AB9D-E47C-4A03-AD47-49BF6794F3DB.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 46
  • A5DD85ED-37E6-43C7-AC60-9425CC98674E.jpeg
    A5DD85ED-37E6-43C7-AC60-9425CC98674E.jpeg
    26.3 KB · Views: 46
The wires shown on the esc ar plugged into “aux” on the receiver. The other side is plugged into throttle and servo in servo.
Thanks to my wife for sending pics. Very PAINFUL.
Do you have the tactic receiver? You need the tactic reveiver to work with the trx 300 here are the specification on how the receiver should be wired up
IMG_1822.PNG

You need to put the tactic receiver or nothing will work you said steering works but idk how is that possible if you are not using the tactic receiver

I do. I have the whole set up. Again. I tried it with the Tactic then swapped it back out for the original set up which is what’s pictured.

My guess at this point is the ESC signal wire is broken. It sounds like the ESC can’t “see” the receiver

I don’t get it. How could anything break? I just unplugged it and plugged it back in. I looked at all connectors and everything is in tact.
Is there some type of master reset for the esc? Maybe it is somehow stuck?
I emailed arma and have not got a response yet. I hate to think I have to buy a new esc.
The servo couldn’t have messed it up right? Still turns and like I said now with the stock radios the steering knob also controls the throttle. Like the wheels go forward and backward depending on me turning left and right. It’s like it’s programmed wrong.
Look what I just stumbled upon.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/esc-factory-reset.5013/

Last edited:
I don’t get it. How could anything break? I just unplugged it and plugged it back in. I looked at all connectors and everything is in tact.
Is there some type of master reset for the esc? Maybe it is somehow stuck?
I emailed arma and have not got a response yet. I hate to think I have to buy a new esc.
The servo couldn’t have messed it up right? Still turns and like I said now with the stock radios the steering knob also controls the throttle. Like the wheels go forward and backward depending on me turning left and right. It’s like it’s programmed wrong.
Look what I just stumbled upon.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/esc-factory-reset.5013/
They will send you a new esc if yours is deffective
But if the wire is not cut idk how the hell it will break internally

Ok. Got it. Full disclosure, I am an idiot. Should have just stuck to firearms as a hobby. I had the six and throttle reversed. I am so sorry to have wasted everyone’s time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back