Help needed please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'd likely be hitting thermal cut off if the fan isn't working but this is another possibility...
A green blinking light indicates thermal shutdown
I have an arrma Nero and afternoon running for about 2 to 3 minutes it stops and wont move. The steering still operates but no throttle. If I turn the car off and back on again it works again for another couple of minutes. Batteries are charged.

im lost as to what the fault may be. Can anyone help and point me in the right direction please
Is your ESC fan working?

Update

esc fan was catching on the guard so sorted that so it doesn’t catch.
Just run it again and got same cutting out issue looked at esc and yes a red flashing light.
Checked battery voltages one is at 8.6v and one at 12.3

so now I have decided to wait for two new batteries to arrive before changing anything else.

Update

Just run it again and got same cutting out issue looked at esc and yes a red flashing light.

so now I have decided to wait for two new batteries to arrive before changing anything else.
Just remember, each cell should be 4.2 volts at max and no less than 3.2 volts (max) so if you really want to be sure you should check each cell. If your charger doesn't have this ability (most digital chargers do) you can check each cell via the balance port (smaller set of wires on a battery) as these are connected individually, it's how a charger can balance batteries.

Update

You mean one of the 3s batteries is at 8.6V? Thats way too low and probably just bad now. The other one seems like its OK. But you have the right idea. Just wait for some new batteries. don't want to ruin your ESC, etc. due to a bad battery. Glad your getting it sorted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back