Senton Help needed to buy...... (!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spook

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
This is a strange request, however I have recently purchased an Arrma Granite (and broken it) and my friend was looking to purchase a Senton.... However, he has been looking at lots of the facebook groups (mostly in the UK) and all the posts from people complaining about things breaking all the time and this has really put him off taking up RC....

So, I am looking for some help to demonstrate that actually they don't break all the time and they are excellent vehicles to have some fun with that don't break all the time....... can anyone offer any help on how I can demonstrate this etc. ?

I am sure he would love it if he took the plunge but I do get his point........

Thanks all.

They’re tough as nails! I’ve been known to send my big ass Mojave off just about anything and still holds up! Here’s some wrecks w out anything breaking

A lot of people in the UK mess around on skate parks which are concrete and metal. Anything you flip on those is going to break.

The senton was my first purchase and I busted the a arms the first time out. I bought RPM arms and I have not had a problem since! The bumpers do break but they are kind of designed for that and you can just zip tie them together. I have also flipped this thing on concrete multiple times and it has driven away just fine.

Fast RCs are often subject to horrific crashes. The result is sometimes broken parts. Other than the bumpers and body cracking, my Senton has done pretty well with crashes so far.

If your friend is interested in RC, but worried about breaking parts, a crawler like the Traxxas TRX4 might interest him. Due to the slower speeds of crawlers, they tend to break less. It's a very different experience from a fast vehicle like the Senton though.

I think it's best you tell the truth rather than let him find out the hard way.

He must know if he did something stupid he will break something, if he doesn't like working on the car, this is not a hobby for him. And I mean this in the best possible way.

But the good news with these hobby grade rc cars is everything can be replaced.

Senton 6s is a hellova truck. Not for someone just getting into the hobby. Maybe the 3s senton.

I purchased the senton 3s BLX just over a week ago. I have been running it on 3s lipos mostly on grass with lots of jumps etc

I have rolled and crashed it loads and all I have broken is the front bumper mount and the red front suspension mount Has been lost (apparently common) the body took a beating and it dented hard on the front corner (it pushed straight out). Just behind the rear mounts the body has started to deform from all the impacts from cartwheels. I’m very impressed with the durability so far. Parts are relatively cheap and easy to get hold of in England.

Attachments

• 0B63AC3C-49C2-495E-B919-3D2716DC6578.jpeg
    0B63AC3C-49C2-495E-B919-3D2716DC6578.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 8419B358-51D8-47D4-B330-EAE1232DCCF0.jpeg
    8419B358-51D8-47D4-B330-EAE1232DCCF0.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 8F86C184-6B6B-4FF0-8F34-8788C36783D5.jpeg
    8F86C184-6B6B-4FF0-8F34-8788C36783D5.jpeg
    350.4 KB · Views: 38
This is a strange request, however I have recently purchased an Arrma Granite (and broken it) and my friend was looking to purchase a Senton.... However, he has been looking at lots of the facebook groups (mostly in the UK) and all the posts from people complaining about things breaking all the time and this has really put him off taking up RC....

So, I am looking for some help to demonstrate that actually they don't break all the time and they are excellent vehicles to have some fun with that don't break all the time....... can anyone offer any help on how I can demonstrate this etc. ?

I am sure he would love it if he took the plunge but I do get his point........

Thanks all.
Tell him to check out Kevin Talbot on Utube he puts sooo many different rigs through the MAX or as he says "To the MOON" ???? but he demonstrates what the DO n Don't s are... But I'd Recommend a TMaxx for him.. As I've seen what rediculess punishment it can take.. It truly is virtually impervious

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back