Help needed to make my car faster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best gearing for what purpose? how fast do you want to go? are you speed running? bashing?

wow I didn't know it was so low. I was going to tell him like 85 mph but I don't know poop. :eek: :ROFLMAO:
80-85mph is more appropriate for the 188ft drag pull (which would actually be the correct scale quarter mile for 1/7 scale vehicles). 70-75 is the target for 132ft pulls.

So to pre-empt a reply, if you're running 6S (which is more than enough power for a 132ft pull...8S is just crazy and really would require a beefed up drive train if it's going to survive; it's already going to be a strain doing drag launches on 6S so you're going to want to start strengthening your drive train as you start breaking parts) stock gearing 15/46T should put you right at about 70-75mph.

Last edited:
I'm no drag expert but 6s? 8s?
Both 6s and 8s 135c

wow I didn't know it was so low. I was going to tell him like 85 mph but I don't know poop. :eek: :ROFLMAO:
We running 1/7 scale 132 feet drag racing

How many cells are you planning on running? For 132 ft. you want to gear for about 70mph.
150c and 135c ... thats what I trying to figure out the gearing

150c and 135c ... thats what I trying to figure out the gearing
C-rate isn't really a factor here in terms of gearing. FWIW, the C-rate you see on lipos these days aren't true C-rate values. There's no standardized method of evaluating C-rate and each manufacturer has their own way of going about it. For the most part, the numbers you see on packs aren't worth the plastic they're printed on. Just to illustrate: Say you have a 6500mAh battery with a claimed C-rate of 150C, that works out to 975A discharge rate. I can promise you that no battery out there could possible discharge 975A for longer than a few tenths of a second safely.

With the gearing as low as it is for drag racing, you're not going to be pulling super high amps, so you're all good. Batteries don't push power to the motor. The motor draws power from the batteries.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back