HELP! New ESC but no throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjmofperk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
Please help!

i received a new Spectrum ESC from Horizon under warranty. The replaced the bad ESC that come with my Granite BLX.

I just installed the replacement ESC and I have steering but no throttle. The red LED is blinking.

I watched Razor RC;s blinking red light of death video but that didn’t solve the problem. I triple checked all of my connections and everything seems tight.

I tried resetting the ESC to factory settings and I tried to calibrate the throttle. I even tried the punch settings but nothing helped.

What did I do wrong and what can I do to fix it?

HELP!!

Usually resetting the ESC and calibrating throttle should fix the issue. Did you make sure your throttle trim knob/setting on the remote was set to 0? Try unplugging the servo and then reset/recalibrate to see if it's the servo causing the issue. If nothing still works I'd live chat with Horizon and see if they can help troubleshoot the issue.

Please help!

i received a new Spectrum ESC from Horizon under warranty. The replaced the bad ESC that come with my Granite BLX.

I just installed the replacement ESC and I have steering but no throttle. The red LED is blinking.

I watched Razor RC;s blinking red light of death video but that didn’t solve the problem. I triple checked all of my connections and everything seems tight.

I tried resetting the ESC to factory settings and I tried to calibrate the throttle. I even tried the punch settings but nothing helped.

What did I do wrong and what can I do to fix it?

HELP!!
Adding to Edough also check its everything is in correct position on receiver. And pkugs arent bent.

If I went with a Hobbywing ESC I’m assuming I’d have to solder on an IC% battery connector. Am I correct?

Issue could be the receiver/transmitter. Have another Rc to test the ESC? It is new likely not the issue at this point.

Is it the factory esc or different due to backorders?
The factory ESC was bad so Horizon sent me a new one (same model). With the new one I get the blinking red LED, steering, but no throttle.

I found a video on YouTube with a crazy solution that just might work. Haven’t had time to try it yet. I will post it
If it works.

Update: i ordered a Spectrum Firma 100 ESC on JennysRC. I installed it and have the exact same problem. I get the tone when I first turn it on but then a flashing red LED. I can calibrate it but it does no good.

At this point I’m thinking its either a bad receiver or a bad motor. I ordered a new receiver. Crossing my fingers that this fixes the problem.

In the meantime Horizon Hobby sent me 2 new replacement BLX 100 ESCs.

I am almost ready to replace the whole thing with a Hobbywing Max10.

Update: i ordered a Spectrum Firma 100 ESC on JennysRC. I installed it and have the exact same problem. I get the tone when I first turn it on but then a flashing red LED. I can calibrate it but it does no good.

At this point I’m thinking its either a bad receiver or a bad motor. I ordered a new receiver. Crossing my fingers that this fixes the problem.

In the meantime Horizon Hobby sent me 2 new replacement BLX 100 ESCs.

I am almost ready to replace the whole thing with a Hobbywing Max10.
Make sure your connecting the ESC plug properly into the receiver. It's pretty easy to plug them in backwards, ie. signal and ground reversed.

The black wire is on the right when it’s plugged in, correct?
In most cases yes, I do however have a spektrum servo the works opposite of normal. Was the weirdest thing, and it caused me two hours of grief. 😖 Second pic is the odd servo...

20211223_141900.jpg

20211223_141737.jpg

Does it work when you unplug the servo? If so, your servo is dead and needs replacement (and probably not the esc)...

Does it work when you unplug the servo? If so, your servo is dead and needs replacement (and probably not the esc)...
I’ll give it a try.
I’ll try unplugging the servo. It’s a brand new servo and has been working fine until yesterday. I unplugged the servo from the receiver so I could plug in the new esc and now the servo isn’t working right.

I’ll give it a try.

I’ll try unplugging the servo. It’s a brand new servo and has been working fine until yesterday. I unplugged the servo from the receiver so I could plug in the new esc and now the servo isn’t working right.
Without the servo plugged up is everything else working??

Controller settings are all set correctly. I have ordered a new receiver and hope that does the trick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back