*HELP* Pinion Gear is not centered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi guys, I need some advise with this. I have a brand new Castle motor and esc. When I installed it into my truck I noticed it the tires jammed when I tried to roll it. I couldnt figure out the issue until I examined the pinion gear and realized it's not centered on the pole of the motor correctly. When I tighten the screw it clearly pushes the gear to one side, I can't imagine this company would design something with this big of a design flaw. Here's some pics attached. Am I supposed to put something else in the pinion gear so this doesn't happen?

canvasew.png

gr.png

Now that I'm looking at it, I'm starting to wonder if the pinion gear that came with the truck is designed for a different motor altogether?

Last edited:
In all honesty this is for the new Losi LMT truck, it came with a pinion though I don't know the exact specifics I looked at some online and it seems to be one with these specifics 14T 1.5M 8mm Shaft. The motor is a Castle Creations 1/10 Sidewinder 3800kv sensored motor. I'm starting to think it may be too small for the truck. What options do I have here?

The bore is WAY TOO BIG. 5mm shaft with an 8mm bore as said above!!
In all honesty this is for the new Losi LMT truck, it came with a pinion though I don't know the exact specifics I looked at some online and it seems to be one with these specifics 14T 1.5M 8mm Shaft. The motor is a Castle Creations 1/10 Sidewinder 3800kv sensored motor. I'm starting to think it may be too small for the truck. What options do I have here?
It is a 5mm shaft. Try and Arrma 3s or 6s pinion on there JUST to TEST the shaft size

The bore is WAY TOO BIG. 5mm shaft with an 8mm bore as said above!!

It is a 5mm shaft. Try and Arrma 3s or 6s pinion on there JUST to TEST the shaft size
I'll have to try that. I'm gonna have to take it off my Arrma Granite which I don't want to do but just to try it out. I got some Traxxas pinion's that I could also use as I don't run those cars anymore.

Thank you for the help guys, great customer support in this forum lol. Figured out the issue within minutes.

Last edited:
I'll have to try that. I'm gonna have to take it off my Arrma Granite which I don't want to do but just to try it out. I got some Traxxas pinion's that I could also use as I don't run those cars anymore.

Thank you for the help guys, great customer support in this forum lol. Figured out the issue within minutes.
Use the TRX ones. Don't take the ones out of the Granite. You are likely to strip unless you use heat since they use red Loctite in there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back