Help Please - Broken motor mount holes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can fix this without having to replace the entire chassis. Thanks!

Attachments

• D6DBAD90-7E84-491C-87D5-D54FD19B8062.jpeg
    D6DBAD90-7E84-491C-87D5-D54FD19B8062.jpeg
    222.7 KB · Views: 81
A couple tiny flat washers. But ultimately needs replacement. They are extremely cheap on jennys

"What happened" (Kevin Talbot)

I guess you're sorta lucky it was the bottom holes and not the top (top are covered by the spur gear and need to be recessed). You could try washers but I think you should buy another chassis.

@Lovestricken Sadly Jennys doesn't break down Arrma Voltages (I don't think anybody does).

A thin metal plate could help you out. Make a plate with the 6 screw holes, use a marker to make it fit. And then thrill the marked holes , use a bigger one for the pinionshaft. Then screw the Plate with at least 1 or 2 screws to the mount, which are left when u attach the motor back on.

That's what I would do, if I didn't have a spare around.

A thin metal plate could help you out. Make a plate with the 6 screw holes, use a marker to make it fit. And then thrill the marked holes , use a bigger one for the pinionshaft. Then screw the Plate with at least 1 or 2 screws to the mount, which are left when u attach the motor back on.

This is what I was going to suggest as well. He could even just make it half moon shaped to go over the bottom part and just lock it in with the motor screws.

I know. I’m learning it’s not a compatible RC for really anything

That actually makes perfect sense. I’m gonna try that. Let you duders know how it works out.

"What happened" (Kevin Talbot)

I guess you're sorta lucky it was the bottom holes and not the top (top are covered by the spur gear and need to be recessed). You could try washers but I think you should buy another chassis.

@Lovestricken Sadly Jennys doesn't break down Arrma Voltages (I don't think anybody does).
Didn't even pay attention to it being a voltage.. I have honestly never even seen one. My lhs wont even carry the brushed motor arrmas
This is what I was going to suggest as well. He could even just make it half moon shaped to go over the bottom part and just lock it in with the motor screws.
At that point and all the work just replace the chassis lol

I know. I’m learning it’s not a compatible RC for really anything

That actually makes perfect sense. I’m gonna try that. Let you duders know how it works out.
Went with a washer as a temporary fix and it seems to be holding up fine.
Going to try the thin steel plate idea and take my time. Thanks

The holes look like they got melted from the motors getting hot. Keep an eye on motor temps and it probably won't happen again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back