Infraction Help please (diff shim) ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RcRookie

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
Hello guys, I was just doing my diffs on the infraction for the 1st time and I noticed two little washer's laying on top of the Bearing they are slightly larger in diameter than the bearing it appears or pretty close to the same size. It doesn't appear that they are part of the bearing because the other side did not have it. I am assuming these are shims. I posted pics to help. Thanks!!!

Attachments

• 20200410_092633.jpg
    20200410_092633.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 20200410_092650.jpg
    20200410_092650.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 51
Yup, they will stay on the outside of the bearing and slide in on the inside of the diff mount. It may take a couple tries to make sure they are lined up and go in proper. Take the extra time now and less cost and work down the road!! ?

Edit: The shims will always go on the Gear side of the diff cup. It's shimming it to better mesh with the Input Pinion!!

I've also found that new diffs or diff housings may require a different number of shims due to tolerance variations. It should be snug but you shouldn't need to force it in.

Thanks guys! Threw me by surprise because I didnt realize the Infractiins were shimmed. Thanks for the confirmation.

Thanks guys! Threw me by surprise because I didnt realize the Infractiins were shimmed. Thanks for the confirmation.

New to the Infraction and RCs all together.... I will need to do the same to change my bearings to swap the metal bearings. Which diff was that, front/center/rear?

Happy to take any advice you learned not listed there :)

New to the Infraction and RCs all together.... I will need to do the same to change my bearings to swap the metal bearings. Which diff was that, front/center/rear?

Happy to take any advice you learned not listed there :)
It was the front and the rear. I thought for a second my bearings broke apart ?

Hello. Can anyone tell me what size the above shim is? I have a hot racing motor mount and I need a shim the same size as my center diff bearings...btw this is for a limitless using a felony center diff

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back