Help please. Power and brakes keep cutting on and off for a second or 2. Also what upgrade springs/oil for EXB mojave heavy rig??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giles3005

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi guys.

2 things:

- Kraton v4 BLX with flysky gt5
- Mojave exb max6 1650kv with dumbo

Some help please... having issues with throttle and break cutting in and our of power.

It is very intermittent, sometimes it is okey but most of the time it isn't.

Either on the throttle and try to break there is nothing which can be dangerous, or go on the throttle and it keeps cutting in and out of power... every second or 2.

I have done esc reset and reset throttle end points in both cars.

Secondly, what shock upgrades are there for the exb? Oil or spring change? I have a heavy rig and it had already ruined the rear shocks once.

1st Video shows cutting in and out of power...
2nd is showing rear suspension

Thanks for any help

What is making your EXB Mojo so heavy to begin with??? How do you know it is Heavy? Compared to what? When it was a roller with no electrics on board?? Mojave has a plush suspension compared to many of the other off road rigs. designed as such. Did you adjust your shock preload and Droop effectively enough??? Poor Droop settings can destroy shock ends, pistons and shafts. 🤷‍♂️
FWIW there are 7 option springs for the Mojave. Stock shock Oil is 500CST. Its' trial and error with the springs. I would change springs before thickening the shock oil or alternatively going to different pistons in the shocks.

ARRMA Radio Controlled Cars (RC Cars) - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

Have you run your rig with the TH and Brake issue in water/snow at all?

I don't see the 2 video's here. Need more info. :cool:

Last edited:
H
What is making your EXB Mojo so heavy to begin with??? How do you know it is Heavy? Compared to what? When it was a roller with no electrics on board?? Mojave has a plush suspension compared to many of the other off road rigs. designed as such. Did you adjust your shock preload and Droop effectively enough??? Poor Droop settings can destroy shock ends, pistons and shafts. 🤷‍♂️
FWIW there are 7 option springs for the Mojave. Stock shock Oil is 500CST. Its' trial and error with the springs. I would change springs before thickening the shock oil or alternatively going to different pistons in the shocks.

ARRMA Radio Controlled Cars (RC Cars) - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

Have you run your rig with the TH and Brake issue in water/snow at all?

I don't see the 2 video's here. Need more info.

Hello bud,

Thankyou very much for your reply. In terms on weight, running max6 and 1650kv with x2 8500mah 3s battery's. And its weighs alot. The rear suspension is really sagging at the back...

I'm not sure why the video will not upload..

And no the throttle issue has been doing it for a while... I ways rinse of cars with muc off, and water, blow with air compressor and gt85.

But its really dangerous... ita fine for 5 mins then you go fast and can loose brakes and power.

The 2 8500 MAh bricks are where all your weight is. Motor also, but I knew that already. Got ya now. 👍
I linked the optional springs. Start with the heavy springs ( thicker coils) front and rear. The Mojave is set up very neutral front to rear. According to my cross weight scale with my Mojave. Without electrics ( as a roller). I would do springs first. Then keep using the 500cst, and change pistons next (rear shocks first). Use 1.2 pistons or make even smaller holes in blank Arrma pistons (1.0 mm) That's your call. You can up the oil weight as an alternative. But I usually change pistons first. The next highest oil to consider is 1k cst. Just try springs first.
Did you adjust the preload and Droop at all??? Just to see how maxxed out the OE springs are?

Regarding the GT5 and the other rig, IDK, could be a brownout at the RX, seems like an intermittent signal drop. Do you also lose Steering beside TH and Brk? If not a signal drop, may be the ESC. Cant' tell where I am sitting.🤷‍♂️ Just some ideas.
Can you duplicate the issue on the bench? Has range affected the issue. Distance from radio to the rig?.
Can you warranty the Servo and ESC.
BTW, WATER wreaks havoc on the electrics. Completely against that. Corrosion will always get the best of electrics. Compressor drying or not.
Many issues at AF similar to yours always end up being water related. No electrics are truly water proof. Brand Marketing will say they are, but they are NOT. Doing this for many years. Sure I have been in the mud snow and water etc. at some point here and there. I learned to care for my rigs better. I would open your motor more frequently running in the wet. A compressor will not dry out water that's inside a motor. Compressor just forces water inside of it. The stator, bearings, and winds corrode. Can brick your ESC just from that alone. Open the RX box and see how much water is in there. The RX box is not Waterproof, your RX may be on its way out. Waterlogged. Again a compressor just forces water into the Rx box. A compressor is ok to use. But can go against you also. Water also ruins all BB's across the whole rig. FWIW.
Good luck.:cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back