Talion Help please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always carry a bag of those with me.. Only 2 left in the bag.. I refuse to loctite my wheelnuts!
I won't loctite them either, they have groves to help keep them on but I guess after a few time you should check to make sure they're still tight. Loctite seems overkill for something so cheap
Just but locking wheel nuts.
Where do I find these?

I won't loctite them either, they have groves to help keep them on but I guess after a few time you should check to make sure they're still tight. Loctite seems overkill for something so cheap

Yep.. Same opinion here..
Those groves help.. But you gotta make sure you "clean" them when swapping wheels i found out.. Those groves will fill up with parts of the wheel, dust and stuff.. Prob the reason i lost 2 in the past.. When i found out.. Never happened again..

Not necessarily a cost issue, just annoying. Having spares is a must.
Agreed, I got 8 spares delivered. Lots of upgrades done now so hopefully won't have many more parts falling apart or off.

Attachments

• 15890327303893137370321105958565.jpg
    15890327303893137370321105958565.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 50
  • 15890327477635831458624202466123.jpg
    15890327477635831458624202466123.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 15890327694185505305893041025245.jpg
    15890327694185505305893041025245.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 15890327952822894464911006835213.jpg
    15890327952822894464911006835213.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 43
Some issues you still need to address, get a new servo, cheap (DS3225) or expensive (Savox1270, PowerHD) is your choice. I'm using the DS3225 from ebay. You want to be in the 25kg class for power.

Yeah racing/Powerhobby motor fans. a) Find good replacements for the fan, they will break if you jump. I have the same setup and they are fine for grass, road etc but break easily. b) Can't tell from the pictures but you need to make sure that you have some space between fan and cooling fans. They should have come with standoffs but careful. I found that these standoffs are a bit to high, again if you jump your car and end up landing upside down you will smash the fans. A couple washers or nuts will do for spacers. Fan efficiency will greatly increase.

Some issues you still need to address, get a new servo, cheap (DS3225) or expensive (Savox1270, PowerHD) is your choice. I'm using the DS3225 from ebay. You want to be in the 25kg class for power.

Yeah racing/Powerhobby motor fans. a) Find good replacements for the fan, they will break if you jump. I have the same setup and they are fine for grass, road etc but break easily. b) Can't tell from the pictures but you need to make sure that you have some space between fan and cooling fans. They should have come with standoffs but careful. I found that these standoffs are a bit to high, again if you jump your car and end up landing upside down you will smash the fans. A couple washers or nuts will do for spacers. Fan efficiency will greatly increase.
I don't have the spacers under the heatsink fans because like you said it puts them up about 3/8 of an inch and any tumble would break them so I just flush mounted them. I noticed a big improvement but the motor is still not cool enough to touch for more than 5 seconds. I refuse to use the 20t pinion, just too much for the small of space I have to run and the motor gets blistering hot. I'll keep y'all updated but I plan to replace everything that'll potentially break during "normal" operation. Next will be to buy the correct hot racing carriers, I ordered the wrong ones and I just took the car out and snapped the stock left carrier so I'm down till I get the replacement.

On the fans, add an M3 nut or similar, anything that will get it a little off the cooling fins, cooling will easily increase by 20-30%. With the backressure the fans can't do their work.

Is that the other thread where the ball popped out? Typically you just unscrew the ball and re-insert or is the hub itself broken?
You need to take off the wheel, remove that retainer thing and re-insert the ball through that side.

On the fans, add an M3 nut or similar, anything that will get it a little off the cooling fins, cooling will easily increase by 20-30%. With the backressure the fans can't do their work.

Is that the other thread where the ball popped out? Typically you just unscrew the ball and re-insert or is the hub itself broken?
You need to take off the wheel, remove that retainer thing and re-insert the ball through that side.
The top part of the carrier split down the center so now the ball can just pop out. I'll try the fan motor fix you posted though, thanks for the info!

Careful with thread locker on wheel axles, if you strip the plastic hex in the wheel, you'll have a really hard time getting the nut off. The nuts only fall off if your wheels are spinning on the axle or they where loose to begin with. If you have excess play on the wheel hex the will become damaged very quickly. Check the wheel for any signs that the hex has been rounded out.

Careful with thread locker on wheel axles, if you strip the plastic hex in the wheel, you'll have a really hard time getting the nut off. The nuts only fall off if your wheels are spinning on the axle or they where loose to begin with. If you have excess play on the wheel hex the will become damaged very quickly. Check the wheel for any signs that the hex has been rounded out.
This happened straight out of the box, within 5 minutes brand new. I think this should be covered under warranty since the factory didn't build it correctly but horizon hobbies refuses to contact me or resolve this issue. I won't use loctite on wheel nuts

This happened straight out of the box, within 5 minutes brand new. I think this should be covered under warranty since the factory didn't build it correctly but horizon hobbies refuses to contact me or resolve this issue. I won't use loctite on wheel nuts
I agree you should receive a correctly built machine, but it's a standard check before driving. The power of 6s is enough to destroy things pretty fast, it is important to do some regular pre drive checks. Hope you got it all sorted out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back