Outcast Help pls my oustcast 6s has just died on me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfwic

Reaction score
Took my oustcast exb rtr out today, did a few jumps, stop to change the batteries in my kids cars and notice that the outcast had just stop working. The fans where not spinning as hard as before that’s how I notice, I have no power, I tried changing the batteries but it doesn’t even complete the start up process before it just cuts out, I’m still getting very little power to the fans but that’s it. And now after I got home, I’m getting a flashing red and green light on my dx3, and it is staying on for a bit longer before it cut out again.

Took my oustcast exb rtr out today, did a few jumps, stop to change the batteries in my kids cars and notice that the outcast had just stop working. The fans where not spinning as hard as before that’s how I notice, I have no power, I tried changing the batteries but it doesn’t even complete the start up process before it just cuts out, I’m still getting very little power to the fans but that’s it. And now after I got home, I’m getting a flashing red and green light on my dx3, and it is staying on for a bit longer before it cut out again.
Unplug your servo and see if it works.

I had the same thing happen with my Typhon recently. Was the ESC, horizon sent me a replacement under warranty.

Mine cut out. Powered on two or three times after for maybe 20 seconds. Then just stopped turning on altogether.

My guess is it the BEC inside the esc. Spektrum makes garbage electronics.

I had the same thing happen with my Typhon recently. Was the ESC, horizon sent me a replacement under warranty.

Mine cut out. Powered on two or three times after for maybe 20 seconds. Then just stopped turning on altogether.
Ahh ok, I was hoping it wasn’t something like that. Mine should still be under warranty, I’ve only had it for like a month. Logic rc are the people that deal with that over here in the us, I’ve emailed just waiting.
My guess is it the BEC inside the esc. Spektrum makes garbage electronics.
Well I’m too new in the game to tell. Lol

@Rob66 is on it... There have been a load of servo issues lately... Before you do anything, unplug the servo and power the system up.. if it powers up normally the servo is shorting out the Bec circuit and needs to be replaced...

I'd definitely suggest not using the warranty for a new servo, you will most likely end up in the same situation...

Doesn't the transmitter use 4 batteries?
Yes it does
@Rob66 is on it... There have been a load of servo issues lately... Before you do anything, unplug the servo and power the system up.. if it powers up normally the servo is shorting out the Bec circuit and needs to be replaced...

I'd definitely suggest not using the warranty for a new servo, you will most likely end up in the same situation...
Ok defo going to try that first. I have a spare servo, so that would be great if it’s just that

Yup.

Update. So it looks like what you guys said @Rob66 @Camaroboy383 @Dan b and everybody else. Unplugged the servo and it starts up fine, plug back and it cuts out, so yeah I’ll be changing that servo tomorrow. Thanks for help, really appreciate it.
I only know from experience.

My first Mojave 6s had the same symptoms and I thought for sure it was the ESC, but with a spare ESC I had laying around it powered up fine, only thing left in the system was the servo and receiver, and it was servo.

Happy we could solve the issue.

Last edited:
I only know from experience.

My first Mojave 6s had the same symptoms and I thought for sure it was the ESC, but with a spare ESC I had laying around it powered up fine, only thing was the servo and receiver, and it was servo.

Happy we could solve the issue.
Thanks again, now I’ve gained a little of that experience thanks.

Update. So it looks like what you guys said @Rob66 @Camaroboy383 @Dan b and everybody else. Unplugged the servo and it starts up fine, plug back and it cuts out, so yeah I’ll be changing that servo tomorrow. Thanks for help, really appreciate it.
I'd till warranty that broken stocker. The 652 servo works fine on 1/10 rc's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back