Outcast Help pls my oustcast 6s has just died on me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again! 👍🏾 Defo gonna enjoy this rig. Thanks. 😬

I have an jx ecoboost which I hope will work fine.
The eco boost seems to be holding up on my notorious after several runs and a skate park bash. I still need to pull the cover and grease the gears though…just learned how to do that thanks to SrC.

Unplug your servo and see if it works.
+1
100%.
The eco boost seems to be holding up on my notorious after several runs and a skate park bash. I still need to pull the cover and grease the gears though…just learned how to do that thanks to SrC.
Does the Eco Boost need frequent Oil changes like all Fords do???:ROFLMAO:

Yeah that’s cool, I did do a check, and the one I have should be fine. If not, guess I’ll have to get another. Lol
Any good 1/10 servo should be good in a 1/8. Ballpark of 30-35kg of torque with speed at or under 1.0@60° is what I typically look for in a basher servo. 35kg torque in a 0.7 is about perfect IMO.

Any good 1/10 servo should be good in a 1/8. Ballpark of 30-35kg of torque with speed at or under 1.0@60° is what I typically look for in a basher servo. 35kg torque in a 0.7 is about perfect IMO.
So the one I have is only 21kg, does seem but that what was in there, so I’ve put it in for now, because that’s all I had lol. But going by what your saying, I’ll think I will change soon, make sense

So the one I have is only 21kg, does seem but that what was in there, so I’ve put it in for now, because that’s all I had lol. But going by what your saying, I’ll think I will change soon, make sense
I think it has less to do with the torque rating and more to do with the quality of the components inside.
Back in the day(2004) most of us who bashed or raced 8th scale nitro monster trucks, truggies, and buggies swore by Hitec HS645MG, and they tended to last forever(though I have managed to kill one or two)..... by comparison of modern servos the 645MG had a measly 107oz/[email protected], and 133oz/in@6v..... It wasn't rated for anything higher than 6v. This is less than half the 229oz/in@6v or 263oz/[email protected] of the stock Spektrum s652 that comes in our Arrmas, AND it was steering big heavy nitros around.

It’s a lot to take in and think about, so didn't consider anything like this before deciding to get any of my rtr rigs, some many little thing to think about. I only wish I started, back in the day to have some of this knowledge, that your kindly sharing. But I guess I learn along the way lol.

It’s a lot to take in and think about, so didn't consider anything like this before deciding to get any of my rtr rigs, some many little thing to think about. I only wish I started, back in the day to have some of this knowledge, that your kindly sharing. But I guess I learn along the way lol.
If you have a servo on hand already ready to swap out, give it a try.... it will be enough to turn the wheels, 21KG might not be amazing, but it's enough... the stock servo is only 18KG and it turns the wheels just fine, and we've used far weaker servos than that to turn big 1/8th scale truck wheels in the past.... So worst that can happen is that it breaks, and if it does, then you look for something a little stronger, and hopefully longer lasting. Even a good strong servo will break sometimes though, just the nature of the game.

If you have a servo on hand already ready to swap out, give it a try.... it will be enough to turn the wheels, 21KG might not be amazing, but it's enough... the stock servo is only 18KG and it turns the wheels just fine, and we've used far weaker servos than that to turn big 1/8th scale truck wheels in the past.... So worst that can happen is that it breaks, and if it does, then you look for something a little stronger, and hopefully longer lasting. Even a good strong servo will break sometimes though, just the nature of the game.
Yup, I agree. Run it till it breaks, then do something better.

Yup, I agree. Run it till it breaks, then do something better.
Well it looks like I’ve got to change it already, one run and it’s done. I don’t think I’ll be buying from Banggood again. I had to change the one in my big rock and I’m using an Amazon one and it’s working fine, so I think I’ll try one of them again.

Well it looks like I’ve got to change it already, one run and it’s done. I don’t think I’ll be buying from Banggood again. I had to change the one in my big rock and I’m using an Amazon one and it’s working fine, so I think I’ll try one of them again.

The blue amazon 35kg servos work pretty decent..👍

The blue amazon 35kg servos work pretty decent..👍
DS3235 35 kg seems to work for many, including the the 8 I have. None broken yet. But Servos are consumable items anyway. Setup/installation is what matters most. Incorrect Endpoints for instance will ruin a wet dream.

I shoot for 35 kg at a minimum..... (especially 1/8 heavy 4 wheel drive MT rigs)

Because servos rarely provide their advertised specs and some can be overrated by as much as 30%+.

Saving $10.00 buying a 21kg vs a 35kg servo is penny wise, pound foolish.

And I never had a servo that was TOO strong for my rig. No such thing.
:cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back