help reading logs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N.Mango

🤪I swear the voices are real!🤪
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Ok so here is one of my last 2 logs. They are very similar so just showing one. Is it possible by looking at this to see something thats maybe off or not right?...anyone?
Here is my setup
Kraton 6s EXB with stock spur and 20t pinion
CC MM8S/1717 1650kv combo
Raw 500 servo
Fortress wheels and tires for the Mojave.

Screenshot (9).png
Screenshot (10).png
Screenshot (11).png
Screenshot (12).png
Screenshot (13).png
Screenshot (14).png
Screenshot (15).png

Last edited:
Capacitors absorb oscillations in voltage. This won't provide more speed or punch etc.
More a long the way of making the esc lasting longer....
Oh yea no I know what it does, I actually have one just sitting but by looking at my data do you think I need it?

You need better battery that voltage drop get low at points. It isn’t keeping up with the demand. Either a better battery or smaller pinion should get you into a safer zone.

You need better battery that voltage drop get low at points. It isn’t keeping up with the demand. Either a better battery or smaller pinion should get you into a safer zone.
could it be my connectors and/or soldering and not necessarily sh!tty batteries? thanks

Wh
What he just said. Cap pack isn't necessary needed.. but depending on your batteries.. my personal preferences is a cap pack on the mmx8s since my old batteries couldn't keep up. Since at one point I was running zee with xt90 than 8mm. Now qs8s

could it be my connectors and/or soldering and not necessarily sh!tty batteries? thanks
Definitely could be. What Connectors are you using who solder them
What batteries are you using and how old?
Are you checking temps at battery, connectors? Is it rolling free?

Definitely could be. What Connectors are you using who solder them
What batteries are you using and how old?
I use new spektrum 5000mah 100c 4s x2 connected with a Y adapter with ic5's. I soldered a ic5 pig tail to the existing wires on the ESC with copper splice and soldered in the splice. Altogether its pretty long...maybe 10 inches or so from ESC to batteries.:whistle:

I use new spektrum 5000mah 100c 4s x2 connected with a Y adapter with ic5's. I soldered a ic5 pig tail to the existing wires on the ESC with copper splice and soldered in the splice. Altogether its pretty long...maybe 10 inches or so from ESC to batteries.:whistle:
Ok can I see a pic of the splice and harness? You are dropping volts into the 6s range. Spectrum batteries have never been good for big amp draw systems but I am curious on the wiring before I give you an option. Maybe both could be the issue in the equation. Do you have a multi meter that reads ohm’s?

Ok can I see a pic of the splice and harness? You are dropping volts into the 6s range. Spectrum batteries have never been good for big amp draw systems but I am curious on the wiring before I give you an option. Maybe both could be the issue in the equation. Do you have a multi meter that reads ohm’s?
I'll take some pics and upload them.
I have a meter but its buried at the moment in my work box...so no.

give me a few. thanks

Pic 1 ic5 harness
Pic 2 So this picture wont help you any, but its basically a copper tube with a hole in it that slides over the connected wires and the wires are soldered from the hole in the copper tube.

20211230_163416.jpg

20211230_163403.jpg

@3d-rc.myshopify.com so what do you think?

Last edited:
Your cables may be long by R/C standards but not by power transmission standards and almost certainly don't account for the size of those voltage drops. What do you have your LVC set at? According to the 6th chart you're dropping down around or below 3V/cell several times.

Your cables may be long by R/C standards but not by power transmission standards and almost certainly don't account for the size of those voltage drops. What do you have your LVC set at? According to the 6th chart you're dropping down around or below 3V/cell several times.
I have it set at 3.4 if I remember correctly. I do know its higher than the default. Do you think it could be the Spektrum batteries that I'm using?

By what I am looking at I personally feel it’s a combination. Long wires. 3 connectors in the setup and batteries. Your wires yet long are not out of the normal. I would say it’s more suspicious of the batteries not being able to keep up. As stated above a couple times you hit 6s voltage. I would look into a new set of batteries. You don’t need to go all out on them but there are name brand batteries that are junk like spectrum and there are no name ones that are really good.

By what I am looking at I personally feel it’s a combination. Long wires. 3 connectors in the setup and batteries. Your wires yet long are not out of the normal. I would say it’s more suspicious of the batteries not being able to keep up. As stated above a couple times you hit 6s voltage. I would look into a new set of batteries. You don’t need to go all out on them but there are name brand batteries that are junk like spectrum and there are no name ones that are really good.
Thanks for the advise. I'll keep those batteries for my Losi and start doing some research on capable batteries.
Anything else you see with the logs/my setup that could use some help?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back