help reading logs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's your gearing and what kind of battery are you using? Also, could you zoom in on one single pull instead of the whole thing? That would help. :)

Edit: Wait...only pulling 75A? Yeah, that's a drastic voltage collapse. Something is definitely way off.
I erased it already.
It was dropping like that from before but before trying it with another battery I stopped using this setup.
Now it's in my Typhon with a 20t pinion and stock everything else.
It's a Zeee 5200mah 85c 3s

I erased it already.
It was dropping like that from before but before trying it with another battery I stopped using this setup.
Now it's in my Typhon with a 20t pinion and stock everything else.
It's a Zeee 5200mah 85c 3s
Ok, so I'm just shooting into the dark here. My gut feeling is that there is either a bad solder joint somewhere or one of the connections isn't making good contact causing high resistance which, in turn, is causing the voltage to collapse. Just a thought, but that would be the first thing I'd look for.

Ok, so I'm just shooting into the dark here. My gut feeling is that there is either a bad solder joint somewhere or one of the connections isn't making good contact causing high resistance which, in turn, is causing the voltage to collapse. Just a thought, but that would be the first thing I'd look for.
I was afraid you was gonna say that.🤬
Thanks.
Back to the drawing board.:rolleyes:

I was afraid you was gonna say that.🤬
Thanks.
Back to the drawing board.:rolleyes:
I only say that because I've had moments in the past where my voltage would collapse so far that the ESC would reboot. The cause was me using a Castle 8mm bullet on one end of my serial connector that didn't go down far enough into the QS8 of my battery unless I pushed it in really hard. I replaced it with a bullet I took out of a QS8 plug (which are a good 3-4mm longer) and the problem went away.

Ok this is a quick 3s reading. Voltage drops drastically.
I hate asking again but, anyone got a new take on this problem?
MMX8S 1717/1650kv 3S batt.View attachment 247776
Hey wow this is almost a year old. Here is what I've learned so far: First off 100% bad quality batteries will cause this high Amp draw. So if yo really wanna rid yourself of this issue buy real batteries. Not knocking the Zee or the other Amazon bargains but it is what it is, buy SMC's or CNHL, I know they cost but buy slow maybe one at a time. Two you will see lower amp draw if you say, use a bigger pinion or larger spur and increase the voltage. Meaning reduce the load and increase voltage the formula will work itself out to lower amps. If you notice the peaks on the Amps draw coincide with the bottom of the voltage drops so stands to reason a better battery will hold higher voltage and pull less amps. IMO though you are good to go as I have drawn over 350 amps on the MMX8S so believe me you have nothing to worry about haha. Hope that helps.

Hey wow this is almost a year old. Here is what I've learned so far: First off 100% bad quality batteries will cause this high Amp draw. So if yo really wanna rid yourself of this issue buy real batteries. Not knocking the Zee or the other Amazon bargains but it is what it is, buy SMC's or CNHL, I know they cost but buy slow maybe one at a time. Two you will see lower amp draw if you say, use a bigger pinion or larger spur and increase the voltage. Meaning reduce the load and increase voltage the formula will work itself out to lower amps. If you notice the peaks on the Amps draw coincide with the bottom of the voltage drops so stands to reason a better battery will hold higher voltage and pull less amps. IMO though you are good to go as I have drawn over 350 amps on the MMX8S so believe me you have nothing to worry about haha. Hope that helps.
While I agree with a lot of what you're saying, the problem here is, he's only drawing 75A...which is nothing. Realistically he shouldn't be seeing any voltage sag at all. His voltage sag is more in line with drawing 300A on a single 3S battery. That's where the disconnect is here. That's why he's not "good to go" as it were. There's a problem somewhere and it isn't the battery (unless the battery is kaputt, but I'm going to assume that it isn't).

While I agree with a lot of what you're saying, the problem here is, he's only drawing 75A...which is nothing. Realistically he shouldn't be seeing any voltage sag at all. His voltage sag is more in line with drawing 300A on a single 3S battery. That's where the disconnect is here. That's why he's not "good to go" as it were. There's a problem somewhere and it isn't the battery (unless the battery is kaputt, but I'm going to assume that it isn't).
Thanks guys.
This happens with all the different batteries I have...almost identical looking readings.
With that said I'm going to put the stock setup back in for now until I buy a soldering station or drive pass my LHS and have them solder a new connector.
After that I'll test it again and see what happens.
Thanks again guys!
🤙

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back