Granite Help Replacing Steering Servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IowaBasher

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Bought two Granites 1.5 months ago. One for me and one for my son. We have been having a lot of fun with them, but yesterday the steering servos on both of them went out on the same run. They have probably been run 6 times each. Looking online it looks like steering servo failure is a common problem. I have two main questions:

1. Short-term, I want to get back up and running ASAP while we are on winter break from school/work. So I ordered two three-wire servos from Amazon that looks like they will work (2 day shipping). How do I adapt the three-wire configurations of the new servos to the five-wire on the Granite?

2. Long-term, is there any chance of getting new servos under warranty from ARRMA? Seems like they should be covered under warranty, and I could keep them on the shelf as spares. I figured I would see if anyone else has had success before I waste time on following the warranty process...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Warranty for sure. I had much success with the warranty. Including new servo. There is also a 3 pin plug in on the esc just for what you got. It is on the left side of esc. There are even spots to thread wire on that side too. Good luck

Warranty for sure. I had much success with the warranty. Including new servo. There is also a 3 pin plug in on the esc just for what you got. It is on the left side of esc. There are even spots to thread wire on that side too. Good luck

Wow, I’m glad I asked before I started cutting wires! I didn’t notice the 3 pin plug.

I’ll also start the warranty process. Thanks!!

You will get warranty no question!
Call HH, much quicker.

Call, leave your number through the call back system, they will call back. Have a picture of your receipt ready to send them.

Ordered the exact same one for my sons Granite 4x4. His is already shot after running it maybe 2 hours. Shocking how quickly these things seem to fail for many people.
Oh great. That’s not good to know lol. I got it based on others reviews and bc it has metal gears

Oh great. That’s not good to know lol. I got it based on others reviews and bc it has metal gears

Sorry, let me clarify. His stock plastic geared servo striped, we bought this to replace it and it arrives tomorrow. Seems like a solid replacement item.

Can someone give me pointers on replacing this servo? The new one will be here today so want to get it fixed. I think mechanically speaking it’s just a matter of unbolting my way to where I can remove the servo and replacing it with the new one. I’ve read something about “setting endpoints”...does this mean adjusting the steering rate on the controller or is this something physically done on the servo or arms?

I’m assuming this is simple and I’m probably making it too complicated in my head. I’ve rebuilt cars (like real ones) so I’m sure I can handle it, just don’t want to do it wrong the first time. :)

Can someone give me pointers on replacing this servo? The new one will be here today so want to get it fixed. I think mechanically speaking it’s just a matter of unbolting my way to where I can remove the servo and replacing it with the new one. I’ve read something about “setting endpoints”...does this mean adjusting the steering rate on the controller or is this something physically done on the servo or arms?

I’m assuming this is simple and I’m probably making it too complicated in my head. I’ve rebuilt cars (like real ones) so I’m sure I can handle it, just don’t want to do it wrong the first time. :)
If you have the STX2 there aren’t EPA, only dual rate. Consider a better radio.

Sorry, let me clarify. His stock plastic geared servo striped, we bought this to replace it and it arrives tomorrow. Seems like a solid replacement item.

That’s the same servo I got to replace the stock servos on my two Granite Voltages. I got them because they had fast shipping and I wanted to be up and running ASAP. They have worked fine for the first run, but I still may replace them with the ARRMA ADS-7 servos that I ordered separately with slower shipping. Anyone know a compelling reason to stick with the knock-off servo or switch to the ARRMA servo?
Ordered the exact same one for my sons Granite 4x4. His is already shot after running it maybe 2 hours. Shocking how quickly these things seem to fail for many people.

That’s the same model servo I got to replace the stock servos on my two Granite Voltages. I got them because they had fast shipping and I wanted to be up and running ASAP. They have worked fine for the first run, but I still may replace them with the ARRMA ADS-7 servos that I ordered separately with slower shipping. Anyone know a compelling reason to stick with the knock-off servo or switch to the ARRMA servo?

That’s the same servo I got to replace the stock servos on my two Granite Voltages. I got them because they had fast shipping and I wanted to be up and running ASAP. They have worked fine for the first run, but I still may replace them with the ARRMA ADS-7 servos that I ordered separately with slower shipping. Anyone know a compelling reason to stick with the knock-off servo or switch to the ARRMA servo?

Digital vs Analogue servo (stock Arrma are analogue) the movement is just smoother with a digital servo. I never had a ADS-7 servo but compared to the ADS-15 servo the so called knockoffs (DS servos) are stronger and faster.

In light weight 2wds you won't notice that much difference you would probably notice when running in heavy terrain. But when you start running in a heavier RC and running larger tires you will notice more of a difference. If you don't you might have a weak servo saver.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back