Help !! Rookie mistake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doransmn

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

Need help

Bought a used dx5c with 2s conversion.

I connected the battery wrong way around and blew some internal parts .now I have a expensive paper weight 😆

Is it fixable ?

I gave it to a friend at my club and he has managed to get the power supply to the mirco working but says transmitter is not waking up.

Any one have the wiring diagram for this transmitter or know what I need to do to fix it .

20210215_160908.jpg

20210215_160825.jpg

SOL. It's bricked.
And highly doubt you will find the skits for that radio. I don't even think HH/ Spektrum Techs have the skits. Maybe call and ask how you could get a copy.
It's proprietary info. IMO.
I am sure there is an experienced electronics guy out there somewhere who could reverse engineer it just by looking at the board and repair it. Knowing where to get the correct component. Need some serious Soldering Rework equipment to do it right.
But all in all probably not worth it. Buy a new radio. Lesson learned. 🤷‍♂️ Costs $90. for a Retail standalone DX5C (no Rx)

EDIT:

Call HH and ask how much for service/ repair (non Warranty). They will usually give you a new one for the service charge sometimes. They don't repair these themselves. I think they just recycle them for the most part. May be cheaper than $90. IDK. Spektrum tries to keep you using their Radio equipment and may work with you. The don't want to buy another brand. I sent my DX5C to them a few years ago. For a power switch broken. It was just off warranty. Over the 1 year. They treated me well and gave me a new DX5C in the box with another RX also. I just paid shipping to them. Did wait a good month however.
Just my experience. :cool:

Last edited:
SOL. It's bricked.
And highly doubt you will find the skits for that radio. I don't even think HH/ Spektrum Techs have the skits. Maybe call and ask how you could get a copy.
It's proprietary info. IMO.
I am sure there is an experienced electronics guy out there somewhere who could reverse engineer it just by looking at the board and repair it. Knowing where to get the correct component. Need some serious Soldering Rework equipment to do it right.
But all in all probably not worth it. Buy a new radio. Lesson learned. 🤷‍♂️ Costs $90. for a Retail standalone DX5C (no Rx)
Call HH and ask how much for service/ repair (non Warranty). They will usually give you a new one for the service charge sometimes. They don't repair these themselves. I think they just recycle them for the most part. May be cheaper than $90. IDK.
Thanks .
I thought that might be the case .

I've looked at other transmitter ,was holding out hoping it was a inexpensive fix but it is what is is ..

Thanks again for feed back

Reread my post above I edited it. To help further.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back