Kraton HELP - Servo install for new Kraton EXB Roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Vylan

If you're in control, you're not going fast enough
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
My Kraton EXB Roller just arrived.
I purchased the following:
SW1212SG - Waterproof, High Torque, High Voltage Coreless Digital Servo
https://www.savoxusa.com/collection...ducts/savsw1212sg-waterproof-high-torque-high

Although I'm a newbie, I've done fairly well so far. I've upgraded my Senton 3s BLX with ease.

I'm either missing something here or have a servo that simply will not work based on the wiring configuration.
As you can see the servo simply will not slide into the plate.
I'm sure I will be embarrassed once someone tells me I'm doing it wrong and go back to the back of the class. :)

1596314893480.png

1596315033930.png

Looks a bit toight! Will it go in if you stick the wire side in first, at an angle, and then the other side?

Looks a bit toight! Will it go in if you stick the wire side in first, at an angle, and then the other side?
Tried everything. I know it seems like a brain teaser puzzle. But it simply is not designed to slide in. The wire is about 1/64 too much.
@bicketybam had the same issue, ended up snagging his wires a bit trying to get it in. Another has suggested to take a file to it to make a notch for the wires to fit through.
I figured I would need to notch it. I'll do that.
Man, the response time on this forum is fantastic. I will be giving back to the community one way or another. When the pandemic is over, everyone is invited to my place, free booze, good music, fun times. :)

You could take the top case off the servo if you are okay with disassembling it and didn't want to file anything

I also discovered the servo is too tall. Argh!
I thought I had done my homework on what to buy.
At this point I simply need recommendations on what to use, I'm open for anything as long as it fits and the wiring does not require modification of the metal plate.

Yeah I ran into the same problem when I was installing my Hexfly servo, I struggled with it for a while and was about to remove the top case of the servo but eventually I found an angle to wiggle it in without damaging the wiring.

Arrma gave us some spacers to lift up the mounting, so with the spacers your servo is still too tall and bottoming out?

Just take 3 electric cables cut the size you would like to add and then solder it back soldering wires that big is really easy. Even if u haven't ever soldered

Add some extra servo spacers or washers between the servo mount and servo lugs ?

Do what I said if you're okay with disassembling the servo. you can definitely get it to fit and work perfectly without mods ?

There are two sets of spacer blocks included with the EXB servo mount. They are labeled 1 and 2. I used the 2 below the servo wars and the 1 on top. This sandwiched the servo ears between them.

I'm fine with soldering or even removing the top case but it seems fairly tall even though it appears to be standard size.
You could take the top case off the servo if you are okay with disassembling it and didn't want to file anything
@Mattyd926 I can't see how the top comes off. I removed the two screws and the top half seems to be sealed. Is this because it is water proof?

I've measure the Savo servo and with the spacers it still needs a few more mm to fit in the vertical space.
Is this an issue?
1596318506416.png

No idea man I've never used a savox.. probably need a little heat or a tiny bit of elbow grease and it will come off but check for any other screws to make sure you don't snap something when trying to pull the head off

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back