Kraton HELP - Servo install for new Kraton EXB Roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are two sets of spacer blocks included with the EXB servo mount. They are labeled 1 and 2. I used the 2 below the servo wars and the 1 on top. This sandwiched the servo ears between them.
Yes, I will be able to do that but it will still need about 3mm more to raise it enough to fit.

I'm thinking it will be enough if you unscrew the 4 outer screws .. the two in the middle of the servo hold the inner top to the body

No idea man I've never used a savox.. probably need a little heat or a tiny bit of elbow grease and it will come off but check for any other screws to make sure you don't snap something when trying to pull the head off
okay, I'll give it a try.
I'm thinking it will be enough if you unscrew the 4 outer screws .. the two in the middle of the servo hold the inner top to the body
It's the top I need to remove to place the plate above the wire. So, removing the bottom will not do anything for me, correct?

I understand you need to remove the top . But you have to remove all 4 screws in original to do that the screw starts from the bottom and goes all the way to the top for corners.
If removing all for corner screws doesn't do the job and you still can't get top cap off then try removing the middle two screws
See my servo only has 4 outer screws. You have 6 so it differs..that's why I'm thinking you may need to remove the 5th and 6th screw aswel .. just be gentle lol no one would wanna ruin a savox ?

Attachments

• 20200802_005911.jpg
    20200802_005911.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I understand you need to remove the top . But you have to remove all 4 screws in original to do that the screw starts from the bottom and goes all the way to the top for corners.
If removing all for corner screws doesn't do the job and you still can't get top cap off then try removing the middle two screws
See my servo only has 4 outer screws. You have 6 so it differs..that's why I'm thinking you may need to remove the 5th and 6th screw aswel .. just be gentle lol no one would wanna ruin a savox ?
I will try this.

Take top of servo off , install and put cap back on. I do this every time since break a few servo wires. When your done your going to say to yourself....duhh
That's how I installed mine... . Remove the top plaet from the servo

Yeah, I just take a dremel to the mount until the servo fits. Had to do that with my armor works mount as well with servos that have the plug coming out of the side vs the bottom.

The EXB mount is way too tight. I was getting ready to do something rash when I decided to try again before giving up , and found the angle of the dangle. From this point forward, I'll disassemble the servo top.

If you are having trouble with getting the servo into the mount, my crystal ball says you will have a close fit between your servo wires and the front drive shaft. Just something to watch out for.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back