Help solve an argument. Outcast bodies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are the Proline Brute bodies and the Russian indestructible ones, all made from the same material?
No idea sorry but if it says Lexan then that's the same as polycarbonate and vice a versa. I've never handled one of those shells but my guess would be that they're just 4-5mm thick polycarbonate shells.

Some of the speed run guys I know just buy normal shells and then fiberglass the inside to make them stronger and more rigid. ;)

There are always going to be differences between production items, be it from using different suppliers of the raw materials, using loose tolerances for these non critical applications... even to the ambient temp being different when formed. The different paint may or may not also make it feel a bit different.
I very much doubt they have two seperate body specifications though.

Plastic body - just for notorious J

Plastic Body - everyone else

Last edited:
Plastic body - just for notorious

Plastic Body - everyone else

Yeah, well they probably had to use a different plastic due to the complexity of the Notorious Mold... or whatever other reason. We are just end users though and have no real way of knowing unless Arrma themselves tell us.

Yeah, well they probably had to use a different plastic due to the complexity of the Notorious Mold... or whatever other reason. We are just end users though and have no real way of knowing unless Arrma themselves tell us.
I meant notorious j ?......going to edit that

There are always going to be differences between production items, be it from using different suppliers of the raw materials, using loose tolerances for these non critical applications... even to the ambient temp being different when formed. The different paint may or may not also make it feel a bit different.
I very much doubt they have two seperate body specifications though.
Then why do the #Outcast bodies wear different vs your #Notorious bodies? Mine looks like it's all scratch up and rusty looking.
You can't get that look on any of the Outcast bodies! The more I think about I think it maybe the paint and what every ARRMA/HH has pending for the patent. My next body will be the Black one they make for the Notorious, due to how the wear and tear and the durability they can take ???

Attachments

• Decals on the Notorious1.jpeg
    Decals on the Notorious1.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 35
Thanks for the info. So are the Proline Brute bodies and the Russian indestructible ones, all made from the same material?
I'm not sure what the material is from bodies like probodyrc bodies vs the proline one, but the probodyrc one's are not lexan/polycarbonate. They are made of a very "gummy" plastic that is much softer than many proline lexan bodies I've had over the years or whatever the orange outcast body is made out of. I have 3 of the probodyrc bodies currently, only one cut for my outcast, got one for my stampede 4x4 and one for my ERBEv2 that I need to cut. After getting the outcast one and seeing how well it held up to many much abuse, I ordered the others.

We’re both bodies reinforced on the inside too… If so where they reinforced the same way the same materials use and the same thickness? Time to get the calipers.

We’re both bodies reinforced on the inside too… If so where they reinforced the same way the same materials use and the same thickness? Time to get the calipers.
Both with Gorilla tape. Definitely need to take a measurement. Just need to find a spot that's undamaged. Could take a while.

What we do know is that the NOTO bodies are painted inside and outside. Perhaps it feels like a denser material as a result. The Notorious body was made from two separate molds and joined together at the hood area. The OC body I believe is a three piece body with a second seam at the rear bed. There are 2 visible seams versus 1 for the Noto. Any one else notice or agree/disagree?

So now that I've gone through "many" bodies on my Notorious, it seems that Agent Orange is holding up better than all the rest. @WTF MIKE and I were disputing that it is made of different, more flexible, material than the stock grey one. Can anyone confirm or deny that they are two different materials? We already know that the Notorious bodies are completely different from the Outcast, but is it possible that Arrma also used two different materials in making the Outcast body?

20191130_232500.jpg

Well I found out that the first outcast body certainly didn't last as long as my last one. On the first one I seemed to be landing on it a lot. ?

Okay, everyone got their shots in. No worries, big bad J can take it. Seems like the answer is still unknown, so I'll chalk up my Orange body lasting way longer to my obviously incredible driving skills (said no one to me ever). Great thing is I can keep running it for hopefully the rest of the winter. I have a brand new blue Noto body just sitting pretty on the shelf. And with three vehicles in the stall, should be good times over the winter. Mega storm supposedly hitting us this afternoon so I need to start prepping the trucks with their panty hose covers to keep them warm, dry and feeling sexy.
20181223_133518.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back