Kraton Help- spur/center diff issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirkdiggler

Reaction score
Hey guys. Need some help here. My spur gear has too much play left to right. I’ve tightened the nut down as far it will go or the nut is bad. I have had nylock nuts crap out on me before.

The spur gear shaft ( name? ) is also moving left to right ?

What are you guys thinking ?

Finally can someone get me a pic of the nut fasted all the way ?

I’m attaching what mine looks like. 😂

ED83B557-3E76-4719-A9F9-1BFDFB29573A.jpeg

I think you need a Shim or 2 to get that sorted out. :unsure:
I shim my 6s center diffs at times to remove side play. I don't have an 8s rig to help any much more...
Shimming is where I would start.;)

I think you need a Shim or 2 to get that sorted out. :unsure:
I shim my 6s center diffs at times to remove side play. I don't have an 8s rig to help any much more...
Shimming is where I would start.;)

SrC Thank you brother !!!

Turns out the spur on the Kraton and outcast 8s kind of float back and forth a good bit.

My good bud Armarookie43 helped me. I must drive him nuts !! Lol. He’s helped me more times than I can count !!!

@Armarookie43

Thank you 🙏 You are the man !!!

SrC Thank you brother !!!

Turns out the spur on the Kraton and outcast 8s kind of float back and forth a good bit.

My good bud Armarookie43 helped me. I must drive him nuts !! Lol. He’s helped me more times than I can count !!!

@Armarookie43

Thank you 🙏 You are the man !!!
I've been running my 8s rigs for like a year with that front to back play and I have never stripped a gear or broken a tooth yet. And I'm talking about mid level hardcore bashing. No worries. I love to help 👍

Wish I would've found this thread before making another post with same question. 🙂. I chose the wrong keyword during search.

Glad to hear this is normal.

I've been running my 8s rigs for like a year with that front to back play and I have never stripped a gear or broken a tooth yet. And I'm talking about mid level hardcore bashing. No worries. I love to help 👍
Just for reference this is normal behavior ?

Where was that video when I asked this question on 9-12-22 ???? Lol. Thanks brother.

I have not investigated since I installed Vitavon center trans housings as first parts for both my K8S and O8S exb projects.

The Vitavon center trans housing did not have that much motion front-back play for sure though. These are the shims that I installed to remove the small amount. (wfo mod1.5 spur)
1677240634004.jpeg

1677240669602.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back