Infraction Help to 100..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Hello all! I would like to know what it will take to crack an honest 100mph with my infraction. My set up is a Castle mmx8s/ no spool/ Spektrum 8s 1250kv motor/ 2× graphene 100c 5000mah batt. I'm confident that 100 is possible, just Any recommendations for a pinion or any other suggestion that would help me would be appreciated Thanks!!

Hello all! I would like to know what it will take to crack an honest 100mph with my infraction. My set up is a Castle mmx8s/ no spool/ Spektrum 8s 1250kv motor/ 2× graphene 100c 5000mah batt. I'm confident that 100 is possible, just Any recommendations for a pinion or any other suggestion that would help me would be appreciated Thanks!!
Keeping that UNDER 100mph should be your concern ???

All I can say is buy a bunch of tires ??

Safe to say those 2 graphene's are 4s packs in series to make 8s?
With voltage sag you can estimate under top speed loads the voltage will be around 25-27 volts.

You will have to ditch the center diff and get a spool because the 46T center diff wont allow you to fit a pinion large enough to reach 100mph with that 1250kv motor. My estimate is that you will need a 34T pinion and 34T spur gear to reach 100mph with the 1250kv motor on 8s.

IF your goal is to run 100mph a few times, but not all the time and you would like to keep the center differential you may want to get a motor closer to 2000kv like the BLX 2050kv motor. Motors act like gear ratios in some ways... Just know that any setup good for 80+ speeds will overheat if used for more than few mins.

Thank you! I was trying not to have to buy a spool because most of my time is spent in lots rather than speed runs. If something comes up very reasonable spool wise I just might spring for one. I can always swap it out

bought a set for my typhon, I don’t speed run but damn it they looked good

Thanks for the video! Ironic, I ordered the titanium shafts as well as the rear skids from scorched rc just yesterday. I hope I don't have clearance issues with the shafts but am excited to swap out the stock. 8s would really show their weakness

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back