Kraton Help trying to decide on second car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgfast

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
As title states I'm wanting to purchase a second car, I love my Kraton V4 6s as well as fixing and general up keep of things after every outing LoL. I've looked hard at the Tekno ET48.3 truggy kit but keep coming back to the Talion mostly because of spare parts being inter changeable between the two arrmas . I've been building a back lot track and really enjoy running it more than stunt jumping which seems to cost me a lot in repairs, guess I'm just not that good at landing lol. All thoughts welcome Thanks everyone.

I don't have a talion, but with the costs in mind. I'd stick to the arrma cars, as you said inter changeable parts. And the talion, being almost the kraton, has a very different driving characteristics, from what I've seen on yt. And I dig the body ?

I’d go with a buggy, the Typhon. I had the Kraton and ET at the same time and would drive them back to back. They drive similar but different, you could tell the Kraton was heavier for example. I sold the Kraton and now have the ET truggy I run with the Typhon buggy. It was a good swap, now they drive TOTALLY different and it adds flavor to the lineup. Plus the buggy will be at home on the track you are building. I will say this though, I dearly miss my Kraton, I loved it, heck there have been a couple times I almost bought something for it because I forget I sold it ?. But, if you were to set them side by side and make me choose one over the other to run with the ET, I would pick the Typhon all day long.

I'm also in the process of making a track , and what is a track without table tops , woops n jumps ? Kraton all the way around that talion is a squirly little thing , bumps n stuff really effects it , we got a guy that runs that with us , it's always upside down it seems , but I'm driving while he's chasing his car , ( it seems ) my tekno mt410 is a blast in this stuff , that's why I'm saving for a notorious right now in time for spring , anybody wanna buy a Traxxas slash ultimate ????help get me to my Notorious financially ?

Last edited:
I have the typhon and the Talion. Both are fun on the track. I find the Talion much more manageable on the track due to the longer and wider stance.

Last edited:
I'm also in the process of making a track , and what is a track without table tops , woops n jumps ? Kraton all the way around that talion is a squirly little thing , bumps n stuff really effects it , we got a guy that runs that with us , it's always upside down it seems , but I'm driving while he's chasing his car , ( it seems ) my tekno mt410 is a blast in this stuff , that's why I'm saving for a notorious right now in time for spring , anybody wanna buy a Traxxas slash ultimate ????help get me to my Notorious financially ?

I like the MT 410 as well, and really like the Notorious just think it would be upside down more than on it's wheels dealing with corners
I have the typhon and the Talion. Both are fun on the track. I find the Talion much more manageable on the track due to the longer and wider stance.

That's what I was thinking between the two

Started with the Kraton. I still love it. Although now that my Typhon is truggified and M2C'ed out... it is my go to over the Kraton.

Started with the Kraton. I still love it. Although now that my Typhon is truggified and M2C'ed out... it is my go to over the Kraton.

seems a lot of you here like the typhon over the talion and I'm not sure why. I just keep thinking for my home grown back lot short course stile racing the Talion would be the better truck. Also thinking a set of LP backflips would go very nicely with it as well and if I'm not mistaken the diffs aren't interchangeable between the Kraton and Typhon, I keep a complete set in my spare parts

As title states I'm wanting to purchase a second car, I love my Kraton V4 6s as well as fixing and general up keep of things after every outing LoL. I've looked hard at the Tekno ET48.3 truggy kit but keep coming back to the Talion mostly because of spare parts being inter changeable between the two arrmas . I've been building a back lot track and really enjoy running it more than stunt jumping which seems to cost me a lot in repairs, guess I'm just not that good at landing lol. All thoughts welcome Thanks everyone.
How about an Outcast 6s. Lots of parts interchange with the Kraton. I love mine. I also love my truggified Typhon 6s. I don't own a Talion.

seems a lot of you here like the typhon over the talion and I'm not sure why. I just keep thinking for my home grown back lot short course stile racing the Talion would be the better truck. Also thinking a set of LP backflips would go very nicely with it as well and if I'm not mistaken the diffs aren't interchangeable between the Kraton and Typhon, I keep a complete set in my spare parts

Sounds like you’ve made your choice. There really isn’t a wrong answer.

Do it! Get the Talion!! It will be my next purchase.

I'm about 98% sure I want the Talion , I went about three weeks thinking I had to have a Notorious just don't know how well it would handle the corners

I don’t think handling is it’s forte and it sounds like that is what you’re after. I want to eventually get a Talion as well.

I too bought a Kraton 6s as first Arrma. Next I want a Typhon 6s or 3s or a Mojave or Senton 6s. But everyone has different wants and needs so only you can decide for yourself.

Go with the Talion, its fast, nimble, and flies awesome when getting air. I would like to own one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back