Typhon Help! Typhon 6s motor spinning but the car is not moving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deltaboxii

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
New to the forum and back into Rc cars again since I was a kid.

I was blasting around on my Typhon 6s on 6s and towards the end of my run the car started making a grinding noise and had much less power to the wheels. almost like a clutch is slipping. I checked all of the dog bones and they are intact, and the rear and front drive shafts are in place.

Tried to post video but couldn't get it to upload.

Has something happened to my center differential?

Any help is appreciated!

Possibly a stripped outdrive gear on the front or rear diff.

Grab one of the front wheels and turn it by hand try and spin it kinda fast, If it grinds or sounds like its skipping its the front diff outside gear or input drive gear, same with the back.

Sounds like a stripped gear tho, 6s will do that.

Thanks PDX. I checked the battery and it was fresh. I also hit control alt delete and that didn't fix it either.

Traverse- tried turning the front wheels fast- no grinding and its hard to tell if there is slippage. The rear seemed fine. Maybe it is the front differential.

Thanks PDX. I checked the battery and it was fresh. I also hit control alt delete and that didn't fix it either.

Traverse- tried turning the front wheels fast- no grinding and its hard to tell if there is slippage. The rear seemed fine. Maybe it is the front differential.

If its slipping grabbing and turning it by hand would have produced a noticeable sound and feel.

Post a video to youtube or something and link us so we can hear / see.

Grinding says a gear stripped somewhere.

But also, check the diff input cups. If the grub screw comes loose, they spin free. Everything looks good, but the car no move.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back