Typhon Help, Typhon launches in reverse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skunkgsr

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys just got a new Typhon and having a issue when car is on if i turn off the transmitter it launches in reverse turn transmitter on it stop do i have something setup wrong ?thanks

You never turn off the Transmitter before the car.
  1. Turn ON transmitter.
  2. Turn ON car.

3. Turn OFF car.
  4. Turn OFF transmitter.
If when your transmitter turns off and the car goes crazy, you might want to look into your manual to enable the FAILSAFE mode. This mode stops the car when there's no contact with the transmitter.

Yeah, do like Mikuri is saying, set the fail safe. I don't remember right away, but its pretty simple.

In electric, thats like the kill switch for gas engine.

You can set it to go to neutral, or brake, and bank right or left.

When testing, have someone hold it for you or secure bench it etc.

Will try it tomorrow thanks for the tip ..im coming from a traxxas rustler vxl very different machine ! Loving the typhon so far

IMG_20170423_182743.jpg

I got the bandit with Rustler front wheels. Its an old school brushed motor, ceramic speed controller converted to brushless.
Its a different platform, I like the smoothness and plush driving of 2wd light rc buggies. It all depends, some days I want to bash and rip around in the park, others is see the rc glide, and roll easy through the track.

The Bandit has a Redcat Blackout Pro electronics; esc and motor on a 2S 4000mah, more than enough. I switch the rear after the photo to RC10 tires, and RC10 aluminum shocks.

Regardless of platform, the fail safe is pretty much the same, unless the VXL did not have it or was set correctly from factory.

If thats how the Typhon came out of the box, then its bad quality control on their part.

Good luck

Sweet looking bandit !yes i think the rustler had it enable from factory .i just recently sold my vxl and my son xl5 rustler i need to get him something now hes 12 whats your recommendation ?

Attachments

• 20170408_085613.jpg
    20170408_085613.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 44
I was gonna say the Mevo, (mini e-revo), but he is only 12.

Seeing you are w the ARRMA lineup, and Tower Hobbies offers payment plans... who knows? Maybe a Granite, its got big tires, can go over lots obstacles, and not that expensive.

Below is a pic of my Mevo, its a work in progress.
received_10103147593279632.jpeg

Hey guys just got a new Typhon and having a issue when car is on if i turn off the transmitter it launches in reverse turn transmitter on it stop do i have something setup wrong ?thanks
Are you sure you haven’t just got your FWD/REV trim set too far back on the controller?? raise the car up and check the small adjusters are all set correctly i.e. steering is straight and fwd/rev is fine-tuned so that the trigger correctly operates acceleration and deceleration (reverse)

Are you sure you haven’t just got your FWD/REV trim set too far back on the controller?? raise the car up and check the small adjusters are all set correctly i.e. steering is straight and fwd/rev is fine-tuned so that the trigger correctly operates acceleration and deceleration (reverse)
Everything works now i enable fail safe mode thanks everyone

Ended up getting the arrma raider for my son yesterday sweet little buggy for him

Good choice, I think its about right for him.

If do your homework one can spot a roller every now and then on Ebay and have for parts at a good price.

The brushed version I think it is waterproof.

Yes waterproof picked it up for $199 cad plus tax at my LHS he will get to bash around this weekend

Yes its tons of fun until something beaks lol il my son been having a hard time with his raider mega doesn't want to go straight keeps spinning around even on light throttle

My typhon shut off twice today after a 15min run temps were 43 °c oustside temp were around 28°c i was trying out a 19 tooth pinion with stock spur 2 -2s 5200 35-70C park and power lipo im thinking low voltage cut off but the lipos were fully charged

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back