Typhon Help! want to make my typhon 3swider

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPR84

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guy’s,

i have aTyphon 3s and im looking for some extenders to extend the wheels making the car wider. Dus anyone know some good parts that will fit my car? im form the Netherlands and over here i can’t finds parts as easy for upgrades.

Attachments

• 7C61C772-B3D3-4AF7-85C6-9F6E44976663.jpeg
    7C61C772-B3D3-4AF7-85C6-9F6E44976663.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 49
Wheels that have wider offset are the simplest option. your other option is to mix some of the parts from the 4s line, you'd need a lot of parts, arms and shocks, driveshafts, c-hubs and caster blocks, all the links and new axles and hexes...

In short i would go the wheel route. any 2.8 MT wheel will have significant offset to make the car much wider.

Wheels that have wider offset are the simplest option. your other option is to mix some of the parts from the 4s line, you'd need a lot of parts, arms and shocks, driveshafts, c-hubs and caster blocks, all the links and new axles and hexes...

In short i would go the wheel route. any 2.8 MT wheel will have significant offset to make the car much wider.

Aight, thanks i will try that!

If you switch to the 3s granite style stub axles and then pair that with the hot racing 17mm adapters/10mm extenders you gain about 5mm of width per side over the stock Typhon hexes. I have both Typhon 3s axles/hexes and granite style hexes + HR adapters and was recently trying both setups to fine tune fitment for a closed wheel GT body experiment and that's when I discovered the offset difference between each.

That being said it is definitely more economical to find offset in wheels/tires rather than switching up axles/adapters or switching to all 4s parts.

Thanks, i did order some gpm parts from the Granite blx but i f noticed that the arms are a little bit shorter than the Typhon.
If you switch to the 3s granite style stub axles and then pair that with the hot racing 17mm adapters/10mm extenders you gain about 5mm of width per side over the stock Typhon hexes. I have both Typhon 3s axles/hexes and granite style hexes + HR adapters and was recently trying both setups to fine tune fitment for a closed wheel GT body experiment and that's when I discovered the offset difference between each.

That being said it is definitely more economical to find offset in wheels/tires rather than switching up axles/adapters or switching to all 4s parts.

thanks bro, i know the HR parts. I will get them on aliexpress. Those aluminium upgrades are expensive. But they do look really badass! And i already have the GPM parts of the granite.

Attachments

• FE15EE3F-1213-4FD2-BFAD-61D80DC488C7.jpeg
    FE15EE3F-1213-4FD2-BFAD-61D80DC488C7.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 37
Stock senton arms left side, typhon arms on right. Hr extensions on both
Half inch offset Wheels would be the easiest best bet in my opinion

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200719-022004_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200719-022004_Photos.jpg
    631.1 KB · Views: 51
Hey guy’s,

i have aTyphon 3s and im looking for some extenders to extend the wheels making the car wider. Dus anyone know some good parts that will fit my car? im form the Netherlands and over here i can’t finds parts as easy for upgrades.
Get the kraton 4s V2 cvd axels and steering hubs. The are Grubb screwed on to output gear from differential. As well as the suspension arm needs replaced to fit the length. Also the k4s v2 xlwbc is great

Get the kraton 4s V2 cvd axels and steering hubs. The are Grubb screwed on to output gear from differential. As well as the suspension arm needs replaced to fit the length. Also the k4s v2 xlwbc is great
After nearly 2 years I'm sure he has already done this.

Vendetta hubs an steering blocks will widen it half inch.do opposite of what I describe in video.
I COMMENTED ON THIS THREAD OVER 2 YEARS AGO👆👆👆😆😅🤣😂🤣😅😆

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back