Granite Help what battery should I use for my granite 3s blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lipo pack brand competition is big. Use it to your advantage. They are all Relabled and made by only several lipo PanAsian mfr's. Pay more for known brands that $market$ their stuff more if that makes you feel better. Or pay less and even 1/2 price for well reviewed lipos with similar specs. A lipo that has good storage voltage and internal resistance out the box and cycles well for the first 3 or 4 cycles is a good one generally. How you care and feed them will determine how good the pack is in the long run. I bench mark my new lipos out the box. And have had a few bad ones. I get with the seller immediately and resolve it. I don't wait several months to see if it is going to be a good or bad lipo then complain about how much it cost and the company wont warranty it or complain why this brand or that brand is no good. Many of us have had duds and lose out on $$$. The nature of the hobby and life in general. Doesn't matter the price or brand. Bad ones happen.

Last edited:
I bought these on amazon when i bought my granite in February. They fit good and i haven’t had any problems with em. 3s is the way to go!View attachment 88929
I'd be a little worried about the soft pack sides --- less protection for a a Basher Truck. Might be fine -- but with LiPO already being as touchy as they are, I'm not sure how comfortable I'd feel using those. (just me... maybe people run soft packs without any issue at all)
https://www.amazon.com/Zeee-5200mAh-Hardcase-Helicopter-Airplane/dp/B08162YBVF
I have had pretty good luck with the Zeee brand. Like someone pointed out though--- you would either need to solder new connectors to these EC5 or (safer) solder a new connector on the truck side (Deans). If you did go that route, I like the E-Flight brand connectors are a pretty good quality connector.
I did this for my Granite MEGA (turned brushless etc) and run 2S and 3S into the Castle motor. I've only had one case where the wires started to get warm. You will want to be careful with resistance. The Deans connectors are great and are rated to handle the power but if you run on a hot day you will just need to be careful of the temperatures. In general, I'd say never an issue so you're probably fine (if you ran Deans on your truck side).
Going Deans (or soldering EC5 connectors to your battery) will open up the battery selection quite a bit.

Also, you can run adapters (to go from the Deans to EC5) which might be a solution... but every time you introduce adapters you introduce 'resistance' (which builds up heat). Its not too bad, just adds an extra bit to keep in mind and keep an eye on (especially in the beginning to make sure everything is going to work properly).

I converted all my batteries to EC5 but you would really want to have a shop do the soldering or use a high power solder iron and be careful in doing it yourself (YouTube videos are your friend) (my buddy did mine, I'm still a newb to soldering so I didn't want to take that chance with the batteries). -- the high power/careful part just comes in that you don't want to heat the entire wire while soldering to avoid the heat traveling into the battery... LiPo = boom ... its not too difficult, its just something you want to be careful of--

Last edited:
I'd be a little worried about the soft pack sides --- less protection for a a Basher Truck. Might be fine -- but with LiPO already being as touchy as they are, I'm not sure how comfortable I'd feel using those. (just me... maybe people run soft packs without any issue at all)
I used to think this way until I busted up some hard packs just as easy as a soft pack. The added weight and bulk just isn’t justified IMO. But that’s just my opinion.

I've got both hard and soft packs that I use on my 3S Granites, but don't bash hard enough to notice any appreciable difference between the two since I'm only running 2S packs. The soft packs are definitely more dinged up, but have performed fine thus far. I initially picked up the PowerHobby 7600mah hard packs from Ebay but wanted something with even more capacity since I'm a fan of longer run times, so ended up getting the ZDF 10000mah 35C 2S lipos from AliExpress, which are soft packs. What I like about this lipo is that it fits the battery compartment perfectly without having to remove the battery spacer, which means I can easily swap out my 7600 pack with my 10000 pack without having to deal with unscrewing the spacer. I got them a few months back when they were running a sale and paid around $100 total for two packs which included shipping, which I received in under 2 weeks - I thought the lipos were being shipped from China, but the shipping label had a Southern California address. I'm a relative newbie to RCing, so can't really compare them to too many other lipos, but these seem comparable to the PowerHobby and Zeee lipos that I have. So for anyone looking for an inexpensive large capacity 2S lipo that will fit the Granite 3S battery compartment, you might want to put these on your radar.

Does anyone know what mah battery I should use in my granite because I don’t want a battery that is too big or too small also I don’t want to spend over £30 or 37$!
Any help is appreciated thank you!!!
I like the Zeee batteries, been using mine for a year with zero issues. Well, only one issue, ypu have to change the plug as they come with the deans pre-installed but do come with xt90 connectors or you can buy ec5/ic5 connectors which should work with the stock arrma connector. At any rate, these are great for an affordable battery, 50c, 4500mah at $50(ish) doll hairs for two ;)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07ZGH1CGC?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Last edited:
I also have the zeee 2s lipo 8000mah 100c battery and its been great. Really long runtime especially if you don't just full throttle it like I do. Changed the connector (finally) to xt90 and never been happier. Cable and battery run much cooler.

I also have the zeee 2s lipo 8000mah 100c battery and its been great. Really long runtime especially if you don't just full throttle it like I do. Changed the connector (finally) to xt90 and never been happier. Cable and battery run much cooler.
I had gotten gensacearespammers two cells previously, they're okay but I see a marked difference between those and the zeee. Zeee seems to be a bit "punchier" (for lack of a better word) at the same c rating (50c). I can get up to an hour and fifteen minutes of run time on two 4500mah batteries in my Kraton if I'm not hitting max speed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back