Granite Help what battery should I use for my granite 3s blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revilljm

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Does anyone know what mah battery I should use in my granite because I don’t want a battery that is too big or too small also I don’t want to spend over £30 or 37$!
Any help is appreciated thank you!!!

Amazon usually has deals on cheaper brands, I picked up 2 5200mah 100c 3s lipos for $80 that I use in my granite and senton. Never heard of them and only had maybe 20 cycles through them but so far so good.

Attachments

• 2562129A-8C54-4950-B280-7918729C52D8.jpeg
    2562129A-8C54-4950-B280-7918729C52D8.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 118
If you want a battery that will fit, just get one that is not too big or too small. And buy a lipo that is less than $37USD. That's not much of a tall order. Is it? Manual states dimensions. Reading is fundamental.:unsure:

^^^2200 mAh capacity at 35C is too low for surface RC use IMHO. Perhaps for a Crawler rig or Quad it would be ok. You pay for what you get in general. That is no great deal if you ask me.

For the 3s line, you probably want to go for 3s (the car will be fun with 2s as well.. but power!) and 4000 mAh to 6000 mAh. If you don't buy from a real expensive brand like SLS, go for 50C discharge rate.
30 quid is not much for a lipo though. I bought one pack in that price range. After a month, cell resistances had gotten so bad that I that I had to buy a new (and better quality) lipo. So I suggest you increase your budget to at least 40 pounds.
^^^2200 mAh capacity at 35C is too low for surface RC use IMHO. Perhaps for a Crawler rig or Quad it would be ok. You pay for what you get in general. That is no great deal if you ask me.
Yes! Those would have to be wired in parallel to provide enough current, and even then it might be close. Don't buy them for a Granite.

Last edited:
@GRC is right on.
Buy cheap, buy twice. Equals buyers remorse. Repeat this and it makes no sense. Save money up to buy the correct lipos if you cant afford it right now. Times are hard right now. I understand.

Oh, forgot an important aspect: are you comfortable with soldering connectors to either the batteries or your car?
If not, you have to buy batteries with either EC5 or IC5 connectors, which limits your options significantly.

gensacearespammers Bashing 3s 50C Lipos (buy at least 4000 mAh) are available with EC5 plugs and are among the cheapest lipos in that class. I use them for my Senton 3s and they are holding up great.

I bought these on amazon when i bought my granite in February. They fit good and i haven’t had any problems with em. 3s is the way to go!
054BE930-D7C4-419D-A66A-E25363F469CF.png

I bought these on amazon when i bought my granite in February. They fit good and i haven’t had any problems with em. 3s is the way to go!View attachment 88929
same!
I got the ones @Frankthetank got. I had to remove the battery blocks (the ones that are on the opposite ends of the car). It was just two 2mm screws so that was easy. My packs didnt come balanced so yes. Be prepeared!

same!
I got the ones @Frankthetank got. I had to remove the battery blocks (the ones that are on the opposite ends of the car). It was just two 2mm screws so that was easy. My packs didnt come balanced so yes. Be prepeared!
New lipo packs that are unbalanced out the gate and are not at 3.8-3.85v per cell must be warrantied out the gate unfortunately. All cells must be within .05v of each other when new. Check the IR's when new as well. That will also confirm a poor Low Quality pack. There's a lot of junk lipo packs out there. They are made of cells that were rejects and passed onto vendors at a discount and relabled for sale at what appears to be a great price point for those "Not in the Know".

same!

Yea that’s i did was remove the block and they fit perfect. First thing i did was Balance charge them and they seem to be doing well so far

I bought the gensacearespammers, 2 for €100 they are great in my granite.
Drive time is about 20min.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Buy once cry once in my book when it comes to lipo, I don’t want it to fail and waste my money at best and start a fire at worst. ive never heard anyone say they regret having a quality pack.

^^^ I don't like one connector( with several adapter types) fitting all type lipo packs. Great for a vendor who doesn't want to stock several different lipo packs with different connectors. Just easier to inventory and a marketting tool. Any adapters on batteries should only be used for charging( if that) not for running. They cause additional resistance. Not a smart or correct way to connect, getting inefficient power delivery under load while bashing. Just a lazy way of selling Lipos and a lazy way of buying/owning Lipos. Venom lipos are more money in part because of that universal connector design. Do it the right/correct way, a lipo with one correct connector for your application. Learn how to solder if need be. I tend to buy the best priced and reviewed lipos (I am not brand loyal), even if it has the wrong connector but the price is good, I just cut it off and replace/solder on the correct one for my application.
And, any Lipo company that says soldering new connectors VOIDS the warranty is a Brand to avoid from the get go.:cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back