Granite Help what part is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Had my granite out for the first time today and it was pretty wet and muddy and I come home and take the shell off and notice that what I believe is the drive shaft has cracked, i only noticed when I'd finished the run so it could have happened at any time during that run but it was all running well and worked fine and still does, so what I'm asking Is do you recommend I get a new part or run it like this still, pretty sure a stone got in there.
20191025_113407.jpg
20191025_113402.jpg
20191025_113349.jpg

Definitely replace. You should also get that opened up and check to make sure there's no loose plastic bits flying around inside where your slipper is.

That shaft had a rock or something wedged in there that ate it up. It needs replaced. You may or may not have heard a weird noise when running that would have told you to check it out. As you get more used to bashing, little sounds like this will clue you in and make you stop and check things out. It’s a cheap part and an easy fix, so probably no real harm, but just keep an ear out for stuff like this as you bash and next time you can catch it before it eats parts.

Had my granite out for the first time today and it was pretty wet and muddy and I come home and take the shell off and notice that what I believe is the drive shaft has cracked, i only noticed when I'd finished the run so it could have happened at any time during that run but it was all running well and worked fine and still does, so what I'm asking Is do you recommend I get a new part or run it like this still, pretty sure a stone got in there.View attachment 51810View attachment 51811View attachment 51812

It's not the shaft. That's what they call a slipper end cup seen people run without it. Replace it if you want to.
AR310882

9VUder0.jpg

It's not the shaft. That's what they call a slipper end cup seen people run without it. Replace it if you want to.
AR310882

9VUder0.jpg
Good catch! I didn’t even look close enough to catch that. Was before I had coffee.

I was just writing the same thing as cheap... shaft is fine...don't order one... the retaining cup is what's chewed up.. it just retains the splined red stub...you can remove it, or run it...

Also there is no way for any of that to get to the slipper assembly.. the damaged cup is outside the power module front bearing..

The picture below has an arrow that points to the end of the shaft.. the rest is that retaining cup...

Attachments

• 20191025_111329.jpg
    20191025_111329.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 48
How would I go about removing it will I need to unscrew anything or will it just pull off?
Pull out the center driveshaft and then pull it off the front slipper hub.

Dilly is correct... pull the center shaft out.. then just pull the retainer off..and yes you can run without it...

Yep, that same part got chewed up by a rock on my typhon, I took it off been running without it for a month no problems yet... just have to hope a rock doesn't get stuck there again and grind up the exposed metal lol

It's spring loaded just grab it pull backwards to get it off the output then pull it upward and angle it out mine usually comes out in 2 pieces.
Skip to 40 second in to see how.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back