Big Rock Help!! Whining/winding noise.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyyblaze716

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Limitless
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 6s
I just recently changed my input gear in the rear diff and everything seems to be running pretty good but there is a new noise that I can't seem to diagnose. I've searched everywhere trying to figure it out but keep coming up empty handed. I've posted a video in hopes that it helps you guys hear what I'm hearing. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
There is a mesh to be set between the input and crown gear. It's hard to tell, but you may need to check the shims inside the bearings of the diff yoke. Did it spin freely before grease and install? I've circled the shim I'm talking about here:
Screenshot_20220707-100542_Drive.jpg

Yes I put grease on the crown and input gear I don't know how much is supposed to go in it so I just lightly coated it. As far as the mesh goes I'm not sure how to do that. if there was a shim there then it should still be there, I never removed the bearings from the diff.

Yes I put grease on the crown and input gear I don't know how much is supposed to go in it so I just lightly coated it. As far as the mesh goes I'm not sure how to do that. if there was a shim there then it should still be there, I never removed the bearings from the diff.
my 2 cents. Could also be the yokes are to tight on the diff. (Part #AR310783 on the diagram above) I know the plastic stock ones for me never really fit right. You can pull the diff out with the drive lines to make sure they spin freely in the yokes.

I was talking about your motor pinion and spur gear mesh. That's what that noise sounds like.
I did my best to adjust the mesh, have to charge a battery to go test it. But I never even opened up the module so I don't get how it could be that.

I have taken it all apart and greased up the bearings, made sure the yoke wasn't to tight, adjusted the mesh in the spur and pinion, and after all that I think it is better. Thank you all for the help, I appreciate it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back