Big Rock Help With A Big Rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Mojave EXB
Out bashing today with my Big Rock and I lost rear wheel drive, front is still working but not the rear. Placed it on a stand and the rear wheels engage but when its on the ground they don't engage. Im assuming a rear diff is my issue but wanted to check with the pros here.

Most likely input gear, what noise does it make when it is on the ground and you give it throttle?

I'd start by taking out the rear diff. You may have stripped the input gear or the ring gear (you'll know as soon as you dig in).
Thank you I will tear it apart and see where it takes me.
Most likely input gear, what noise does it make when it is on the ground and you give it throttle?
It doesn’t make noise.

Last edited:
Something may be stripped bad if it doesn't make any noise. I have never heard of anyone stripping those diffs on 3s. I have Stripped my diffs on 6s. The input gear is your problem, probably...
Any tricks to opening the rear diff? I have the motor module off but I can’t crack open the rear diff housing.

Head over to the Arrma manufacturers site. They have a video for the Granite. Its very simple.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/tv/channel/mega-4x4-tutorials/OBZ70q4x2i8
I wish mine came apart as easily as they show in the video on the brand new one. My power pack was difficult to remove and the diff cover was stuck on like it melted from heat. I had to destroy the cover to get it removed.
Something may be stripped bad if it doesn't make any noise. I have never heard of anyone stripping those diffs on 3s. I have Stripped my diffs on 6s. The input gear is your problem, probably...
It was the input gear thank you.

Maybe you might be able to help.
So check it out, 3s BLX Granite with steel spur. Completely trashed the input gear that is paired with main gear on diff case. Did steel spur cause this? Punch was bumped to 5. Was very cautious of not being on throttle when landing. Trucks only got few hours run time.
Thoughts? Suggestions?
As always TIA

Been spending money bro. Its crazy how quickly a package of 5.99 parts × who knows how much so far. Had to buy new turnbuckles and picot balls yesterday. I think I spent an average of 10 bucks a day at hobby store. I've had to cut back on a lot of things like eating breakfast before work in the morning. Putting off the wife's birthday gifts till the year 2045 lol.
Been spending money bro. Its crazy how quickly a package of 5.99 parts × who knows how much so far. Had to buy new turnbuckles and picot balls yesterday. I think I spent an average of 10 bucks a day at hobby store. I've had to cut back on a lot of things like eating breakfast before work in the morning. Putting off the wife's birthday gifts till the year 2045 lol. Keep in mind I got half a dozen trucks I need to keep up on. I use all of them often with my nephew.

Looks like everyone has already gave you all the information you should need. Welcome to the hobby. This is the fun part.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back