Help with Castle monster x 6s esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshada2828

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Video of issue and picture of complete setup

As seen in the video I'm just driving as normal and then the esc seems to shut off and go through a weird rearming sequence. I've ran 6s on the setup 1 other time with no issues and ran it about 4-5 other times with 4s, no issues. Any idea what might be going on? I noticed while rewatching the videos that it also is only beeping 5 times when it rearms but its not the normal rearming anyway so I'm not sure whats going on. I sent an email to tech support through castle but figured I'd ask around in the mean time. Thanks for any help!

A bad glitchy Power Switch will do this............ pretty common IMHO.

what servo are you running? Any fans?

You could be browning out by over drawing the BEC built into the ESC. I had a fancy savox servo do that on my mamba. I was also running 3 fans and 2 led strips.

You could try to add a capacitor on the RX like the glitch buster to help. But you might need to run a separate BEC or a small Lipo for the servo.

I chose the BEC route (also added a cap to the rx for good measure)and have been problem free ever since

EDIT: to test if it’s your servo run your fans and put the rig on carpet and go to town racking the steering back and forth trying to get it to fail.

I had an issue because i mounted the power switch "upside down" on my mt410. So when i jumped and landed, the switch wanted to go downwards to the "off" position. It would cause the truck be a little buggy and occasionally turn off. I solved the problem by just swapping switch directions. Anything like that in your situation?

Other than that, yeah i'd suspect it was a brownout issue as well.

I’m running a savox servo that is mid range, nothing crazy like the monster torque in my kraton but it is hv and I do have my bec set to 8.0v. I’ll definitely do the test suggested to see if it’s potentially browning out but I’m only running a small castle motor fan besides that. Still worth a try.
There was no where to really mount my power switch where it would stay so I do have it zip tied basically floating in a safe spot where it can’t get sucked into the spur/pinion or get pinched by the servo. I’m not sure if it would even be able to withstand forces to make the switch toggle like that the way it is set up but it’s definitely worth a look just to make sure.
When I’m able I will check into these suggestions and report back. Castle mentioned that I am seeming to be losing power and to check the connection between the battery to the esc for any bad solder points or anything like that. The only thing there is potentially my solder job on the connector as it was done with a cheaper 60w iron I got from hobby town and was the first time I’d done any soldering in a long long time. It’s been working the 4 runs beforehand though. I’ll check out all these possibilities though!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back