Help with choosing a printer for a noob

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes13

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock
  3. BigRock 4x4
  4. Granite
Pulled the trigger on getting a 3d printer.
Most recommend the ender 3 v2, but while browsing the creality website i came across this cr10 smart printer.
The ender 3 is 220 while the cr10 is 395.
Does anyone know if the cr10 is worth the extra💲💲💲 or are the smart features crap?
I also know it can print bigger stuff so thats a plus aswell?
Any other reasons why i should get the cr10 smart? Or why not maybe? Lol

Forget the cr10 smart, found out that it is junk...
I now doubt between the ender 3 v2, cr6 se and anycubic mega s?

I bought a used Ender 3 Pro with a ton of upgrades (glass bed, silent steppers, rasp pi and the list goes on) and filament (over 10 rolls) for around $250. Works great and is easy to use and work on. I feel the Ender 3 is a great first printer. I'd definitely recommend the Ender 3 v2 or Pro.

Last edited:
I have a upgraded Tevo Nereus (improved CR10) and an Ender 3 v2. For starts just go for the ender3 v2, runs perfect out of the box and one of the best to start with. Bigger prints create new challenges, start small...

It seems the Ender (latest) has been pretty much the go-to starter FDM printer for a while now. Depending on what you print, you may need something else, but for general FDM, it is hard to beat. Only reason to look at the CR10 is if you need to print big.

I have a CR10 (old version). Good printer, but not great. All manual calibrations on mine, so I have to reset everything every dozen or so prints to keep it running great. For the last year, about the only thing I print are D&D minis, so I am thinking of getting a small SLA resin printer. They have much better detail for tiny prints, but fewer material choices.

One of the reasons I got the CR10 over my second choice was the bigger 300x300 volume, over the 220x220 of my 2nd choice. I bet I have only printed 3 or 4 things that needed the extra space, in 4 years. And one of those was a "test print" just to max out my print volume (trashcan printed at 295x295x375. $40 and 11 days to print a trashcan. And the lid took another 3 days... LOL)

What kind of printing projects do you have in mind?

I got the ender 3 v2 guys
Now only need to set it up
Thanks for the advice (y)
First stuff i'm gonna try to print are some car stands with shock holders.
Probably this weekend

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back