Senton Help with choosing my 3rd rig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Combo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Senton 6s
Lets do it simple:
* Im 1.5yrs in the hobby.
* i Have a Mojave (Heavily upgraded) and a 6S senton.

I want a third rig due to:
* My son runs the Senton, but since its a little treasure i want to try to keep her safe...
* those 6s needs an open spaces to run. I want something that i can also run at smaller places.

Should i go with 3S line (Big Rock) or any other of the 6s line?
** Ican put my hands on another brand new 6s Senton from my hobby shop)

Im trying to stay with one platform to reduce the parts costs..
As well i do fancy the 6s line engneering...
the 3s line looks like it will not hold as the 6s..

Will be happy to get your opinion

Thx 🤘🏻😎🤘🏻

20210316_214109.jpg

Actually the 3s rigs are quite durable due to the light weight and flexible plastic. At least there is no weak metal chassis that will bend like on a 6s rig. Also pretty darn fast for a stock truck. The Big Rock will do 50mph out of the box and handles pretty good. You should at least try something different than another short course truck.

I would go for a 3S like a Big Rock.

They are better for smaller places, affordable, easy to maintain, require only one 3S battery, etc. If you already have an upgraded 6S, chances are that another 6S will receive the same treatment and that will cost a lot of money.

To me, the main downside of the 3S line is the slipper clutch. It doesn't prevent me from enjoying them...but I'd greatly prefer a center diff.

Im also spooked causd of my lack of maintanence inforamtion of the 3s line: like the slipper clutch which just mentioned..
Guess i will have read like i did with the furst rigs...

I would recommend the bigrock. I have one heavily modded. But it is my favorite still. On 3s its plenty powerful and an absolute beast durable as all get out. What are you looking for though a basher speedster on road off? That'll be the decider on what to choose. But from what I've put mine through I say go with that. Just my opinion though.
Im also spooked causd of my lack of maintanence inforamtion of the 3s line: like the slipper clutch which just mentioned..
Guess i will have read like i did with the furst rigs...
Slipper clutch you just don't want too tight or else it'll eat up the input gear but you can always upgrade that and the spurt to metal. I did on mine and no worries now.

+1 for the big rock. I believe it is the all around best 3s truck when provided enough space. Its a blast with 3.8” wheel and tires. Duratrax or granite tires work great. Add in the chassis brace and it would easily keep up with the 6s trucks in terms of durability.

Lets do it simple:
* Im 1.5yrs in the hobby.
* i Have a Mojave (Heavily upgraded) and a 6S senton.

I want a third rig due to:
* My son runs the Senton, but since its a little treasure i want to try to keep her safe...
* those 6s needs an open spaces to run. I want something that i can also run at smaller places.

Should i go with 3S line (Big Rock) or any other of the 6s line?
** Ican put my hands on another brand new 6s Senton from my hobby shop)

Im trying to stay with one platform to reduce the parts costs..
As well i do fancy the 6s line engneering...
the 3s line looks like it will not hold as the 6s..

Will be happy to get your opinion

Thx 🤘🏻😎🤘🏻

View attachment 143948
Typhon 6S and run it on 4S.

+1 for the big rock. I believe it is the all around best 3s truck when provided enough space. Its a blast with 3.8” wheel and tires. Duratrax or granite tires work great. Add in the chassis brace and it would easily keep up with the 6s trucks in terms of durability.
What brace fits ide like to put one on mine as I put a 6s motor in it and few other goodies. Thanks

If you start with a 3s rig you'll eventually want to make it faster so it might be best to stay 6s, with a typhon, or notorious or something. I personally love the talion as it's a good mix between the typhon and kraton.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back