Limitless Help with connectors!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApacheBone

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have a limitless with a castle mmx8s and 1717 motor. Because of this it would be a waste of money IMO to go with spektrum batteries(IC5) connectors. I’m leaning towards XT90 connectors. Unless someone knows how to get the castle tele link to work with spektrum batteries.

My guess would be that you intend to do speedruns with your setup. XT90 are not what you want at that point. They are ok for bashing etc.
IC5/EC5 at a minimum, speedrunners stay above XT150 and there are many options besides the ones listed below.

XT90 - 90 amps
IC5/EC5 - 120 amps
Castle 5.5mm bullets - 150 amps
XT150 - 150 amps
Castle 6.5mm Polarized - 200 amps
Castle 8.0mm bullets - 300 amps

I have a limitless with a castle mmx8s and 1717 motor. Because of this it would be a waste of money IMO to go with spektrum batteries(IC5) connectors. I’m leaning towards XT90 connectors. Unless someone knows how to get the castle tele link to work with spektrum batteries.
XT90 and EC5 are pretty close to the same thing. I have always used XT150 connectors, but am going to change to QS8 ends for my Infraction V2 with an XLX2 and TP 4050

XT90 and EC5 are pretty close to the same thing. I have always used XT150 connectors, but am going to change to QS8 ends for my Infraction V2 with an XLX2 and TP 4050

even though we just talked about XT150 connectors, I looked up the QS8 connectors and they look pretty nice. Pricing isn’t too bad either.

even though we just talked about XT150 connectors, I looked up the QS8 connectors and they look pretty nice. Pricing isn’t too bad either.
Only down side is availability. They are commonly hard to find.

The 1717 and the mmx8s comes with 10awg wires. Would I need to change everything to 8awg for the QS8 connectors?

The 1717 and the mmx8s comes with 10awg wires. Would I need to change everything to 8awg for the QS8 connectors?
No it would be fine with the wire it has. When that wire becomes a limiting factor it would be time for the XLX2 anyway...

Also at the the moment I only have a Spektrum S2100 charger. So I guess I would have to make an IC3 adapter no matter what connectors I choose. Smh. I would hate to have to buy a new charger. Do you guys have any recommendations for a charger just in case?

You can get all sorts of adapters on eBay/Amazon to go from IC3 (EC3 w/o Smart) to something else...

Personally, I used HTRC T240 and T400 chargers.

Also at the the moment I only have a Spektrum S2100 charger. So I guess I would have to make an IC3 adapter no matter what connectors I choose. Smh. I would hate to have to buy a new charger. Do you guys have any recommendations for a charger just in case?
Both my chargers and my discharger have XT60 connectors. None of my packs have the XT60 connector. I use adapters to charge.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back